Orlando Bass Fishing Report

Regional forum for anglers from Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee.
FloridaBassin

Post by FloridaBassin »

The first half of April has seen some good bass fishing action. Most of our trips have been done on Butler Chain and Johns Lake. Although we have seen some rather strange weather for this time of year for us, with a cold front coming thru, the action has remained steady for the most part, with us having to work harder for our bass on the day the cold front slammed us.
Most of our action on Butler Chain has come from docks, wacky rigged Gitem KO’s and weightless Warlocks in Green Pumpkin have done a great job catching bass up to 5 pounds. When docks have slowed in producing bass, we have moved to the cypress trees, tossing baits at the trees and letting it fall straight down to the base of the tree, this has triggered some very good action for us.
Johns Lake has seen scattered schooling action fist thing in the mornings, usually just as the sun makes it half way thru the Deer Island cut. Docks have been excellent producers as well as my drift pattern thru the middle of the main lake, tossing Steel Shads, these baits have caught us a ton of bass out there, as well as a few 1 ½ pound crappie. Offshore scattered grass beds have been holding some bass with the Gitem Twin Liz rigged with 1/8th ounce weight catching them all. We have caught a few bass on 1 ounce spinner baits, but that bite has not been consistent enough to keep us using them.
We have filmed a few more fishing shows which will be airing soon on our other site Thefishingtube.com along with another Skill Zone episode showing how to tie a few more fishing knots. Be sure to check it out as we continue to add more content and videos weekly.
Capt Tim Fey
Bassfishingfl.com
Thefishingtube.com
Co-Host Reel Fishing
Staff Member
Deepsouthfishingrods.com
Capt Tim Fey
BassFishingFl.com
George Cawthorn

Post by George Cawthorn »

Nice bass. Looking back I sure do wish I had got into bass fishing when I lived in Florida.