Tournaments in full swing.

List your bass fishing tournament name, start/finish dates, contact info, tournament details/location and your Website url and don't forget to check the box and assign a date to add your tournament on our bass fishing tournament events calendar.
Anthony Falzon

Post by Anthony Falzon »

Hello everyone,

Wow these past 3 weeks have been great, Started out the season at Squantz which I posted, then went to the LIB Candlewood open, and yesterday had our first club tournament at Candlewood. To be honest I am tired, mentally and phisacally in a good way.

LIB open was a tough one very challenging with record temperatures me and my partner Jason G. Could not find a pattern we caught fish and missed some but the experience was great. We met anglers from every state around CT.

Club tournament took my 14' up to Candlewood and did pretty good considering being limited to very few spots. I did catch my limit and culled a few fish very satisfied.

I'm happy to be home resting today and looking forward to the next one.
Anthony Falzon

Post by Anthony Falzon »

Hello everyone,

Hope everyone had a good week. Heading up to East Twin Lakes CT Tomorrow club tournament. I have been looking up several reports for this lake which will be my first time on it.

Any info you can help with, would be greatly appreciated. Not looking for what lures to use but rather more what kind of lake it is eg.. water type, is there good structure, lake forage etc.. Thanks again.
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Hi Anthony,

Sorry, it's a little late for help. It was really windy yesterday, how did you do?

BC
Brendan C.
Anthony Falzon

Post by Anthony Falzon »

Hey Brendan, Nunz.

Well it was kinda my wrong asking for info half a day before a tournament.

Well our plan was to go to the other side of the lake under the train bridge but that was eliminated very quickly, I made that decision quickly when my little jon boat was being wipped in every direction from the wind. To be honest i was a little concerned but i took control and faced the boat in the wind and headed for some cover.

It took me about an hour to throw my first cast, at this point I had no idea where i was. I finally started to focus on the situation COLD FRONT-CLEAR WATER. I looked for drop offs and any good stucture, Oh and to make things a little worse I broke my net.

My first bass 3.13 LM came off the docks not a bad start found some nice boulders off a point and pulled another one out still the bite was very slow, the bass seemed like they where in lock down mode I did catch a third one off the docks again. The fish where cruising not holding to anything and there was no pattern. I ended up with 7.1 good for 6th place 2.10 shy of 1st. I was satisfied with my performance under those conditions.

Nunz If i went with my plan I would have never made it back. Sorry for the penelty's you seemed to have had a great day. Mike who won the event was in the area we had planned to go so it kinda sucked that we couldn't get there. But like i said still satisfied with the outcome.
Anthony Falzon

Post by Anthony Falzon »

Next stop for me is Lake Zoar, this time posting it a little better timing than East Twin.

Again first time, The only thing I know is that it connects to Lilly in some way. Any info about this body of water would be greatly appreciated my co-angler for that day is also a first timer so I have nada. Thanks
Anthony Falzon

Post by Anthony Falzon »

hahaha very funny right LOL.... Well I don't think there all post spawning Nunz. It can't be worst than last Sunday's cold front, at least the weather seems to be steady I hope. I have been reading a lot of reports on Zoar and your pretty much right on. Structure with deep water, drop offs, that's fine I'll adapt me and jony boat are getting along pretty well. Thanks for the info.

Nunz remember 1 minute= 1 lb get a better watch.
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

You guys are too funny.

Anthony, one tip I'll share with you on Zoar is to pay attention to the speed of the current. That place can turn on quick when (and if) they start moving water.

Good Luck
Brendan C.
Anthony Falzon

Post by Anthony Falzon »

Thanks Brendan,

As long as my boat can handle any moving water, I will make sure I'm not near any dam's.
ukey28

Post by ukey28 »

Yeah, dams are no fun. Been there , done that!
Frank : Bassin' USA Prostaff : New York
Anthony Falzon

Post by Anthony Falzon »

Frank I remember that day. What was it that held you up, your front or back motor ?