Baby Bass Tank

This is the place for off-topic posts. Have something besides fishing on your mind? Post it here. WARNING THIS AREA CONTAINS CONTENT THAT MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN!!!
swimbait101

Baby Bass Tank

Post by swimbait101 »

Hey guys i was wondering what your guys opinion on bass in aquariums.
Roboworm99

Baby Bass Tank

Post by Roboworm99 »

3 Words...

Don't do it
**Ray Charpentier**
ukey28

Baby Bass Tank

Post by ukey28 »

Can you say "possesion of undersized Largemouth Black Bass without a permit?"
Frank : Bassin' USA Prostaff : New York
George Cawthorn

Baby Bass Tank

Post by George Cawthorn »

Swimbait101, you should never do that. It is completely illegal to transport live fish out of and away from, or into any other body of water or lake regardless of size in California.

Besides the fact that the fish would be undersized, it opens up a can of environmental worms that could possibly destroy the habitat of a lake.
jmoyer198484

Baby Bass Tank

Post by jmoyer198484 »

i wouuldnt do it if i were u
jason moyer
swimbait101

Baby Bass Tank

Post by swimbait101 »

i never did or plan to do it im just asking what you guys think
rbtek1

Baby Bass Tank

Post by rbtek1 »

I've seen plenty of videos on youtube of people and their pet BASS. These fish look totally vicious and way too big to be in tanks. Crazy videos though!! So so so many people get away with illegal pets. I still can't get over ferrets being illegal in California, but we have the highest population in US.
brendanc

Baby Bass Tank

Post by brendanc »

RichB is right about the videos... we have even posted some in our video gallery.

So here's a question, if it is illegal in so many states, especially California... how come Bass Pro Shops is allowed to have multiple tanks with both fresh and saltwater species?

Apparently they have this at both of their locations in California: Manteca, CA and Rancho Cucamonga, CA - Victoria Gardens

"
January 1, 2009 - December 31, 2009
Fish Feeding
Every Saturday at 12:00 noon, come watch our 8,000 gallon main fish tank turn into a feeding frenzy as our in-house aquarists feed our trophy largemouth bass, catfish, bluegill, striped bass, smallmouth bass, and more. Also, don't forget to visit our Islamorada Fish Company restaurant to view the salt water fish in our 11,000 gallon aquarium!!

Bring the kids for lots of fun. On select Saturdays, we also gather along the indoor stream to feed our brown and rainbow trout!!"
Brendan C.
swimbait101

Baby Bass Tank

Post by swimbait101 »

i woud think that they have a permit or something like that
also, all the fish donated are legal size.
rbtek1

Baby Bass Tank

Post by rbtek1 »

Excellent question Brendan! That's hilarious.