fishing with nightcrawlers help

Just getting started in Bass Fishing? Hey, everyone started at some point. There are no wrong questions here, only the ones you don't ask. This is the place to ask for help on the basics.
garvin

Post by garvin »

hey guys,

im a newbie asking newbie questions.. so sorry in advance >/smile.gif" alt="smile" title="smile" height="15" width="15" /> how does someone fish with nightcrawlers? it seems like everytime i use them for bass it seems like its really good, or really bad at times, how do you guys use them to fish for bass? sometimes i see a fish and it just passes by my nightcrawler and ignores it and never comes back, what should i do, any helpful tips? thanks all!
ukey28

Post by ukey28 »

Sounds like a troll but I'll bite. Hook them through the nose or collar on a carolina rig. If the bass pass them by, try the same things as you would if you were lure fishing, Lighter line, smaller hook, etc. Sometimes you need to replace the nightcrawler after it gets washed out or drowns. Bass won't usually hit them if a panfish has taken a bite out of them, Hope that helps.
Frank : Bassin' USA Prostaff : New York
johnnie crain outdoors

Post by johnnie crain outdoors »

Good advice from Ukey, I'll only add, try using them on ultra lite tackle-small fine wire hook no sinker, allow to sink slowly and retrieve slowly, hook the worm only through the head -do not thread it on like for catfish. Keep the worm off bottom, they are easily over-looked lying on the bootom. Good luck. Johnnie Crain
Johnnie Crain
garvin

Post by garvin »

thanks guys for all your input and help >/smile.gif" alt="smile" title="smile" height="15" width="15" />