My Personal ...... castaic lagoon

Read reports, exchange information and current conditions for the lakes, ponds & rivers in your area...
swimbait101

Post by swimbait101 »

got up to the lagoon today. got nightcrawlers and sandwiches. we got to the ramp and it was a pretty uncrowded. i fish at the bank for a little while catching 2 bluegill. i fished the reeds to the left and caught a little ( not keeper ) bass. after than, we paddled to the swimbeach and i talked with butch for 10 minutes and took his pic with his 10 and 5 lb fish. my dad and i also saw his pictures of the 18 and a couple 10 and 12. while we where talking we saw many trout getting eaten on the surface. i was also graphing ALOT of fish like crappie and bass. so he left and i started fishing. i fished the swim beach area for 2 hours with no luck so i went back to the launch ramp and loaded the car up i stayed and fished with a nightcrawler. i caught alot of baby bass that were wasting my worms. i also caught my personal worst. A 2 INCH LARGEMOUTH BASS!!!!!!! i was shocked

im waiting for you to join, BIG Bass Butch
you know who you are
George Cawthorn

Post by George Cawthorn »

swimbait101.... hang in there. My advice to you if you want to start catching some nice largemouth is to lay off the worms.

Try some smaller plastics on the dropshot, like 3" baby flukes in watermellon or 4" oxblood redflake Roboworms.

Do that and you will start getting bit by some nicer bass and build up your confidence. I've already had some articles of mine posted on the site that show how to rig the dropshot. You should check them out and give them a try since my home lake is the Lagoon.
swimbait101

Post by swimbait101 »

ok geo
ill try and ill get em
Fire Ball

Post by Fire Ball »

I caught an 8 inch largemouth from shore a few nights ago. Smallest one I have ever gotten, but I just started bass fishing. I usually go deep sea fishing or trout fishing, but now I am hooked on bass fishing!