Atlantic Bassmasters Classic at Lake Bomoseen VT

List your bass fishing tournament name, start/finish dates, contact info, tournament details/location and your Website url and don't forget to check the box and assign a date to add your tournament on our bass fishing tournament events calendar.
David McLaughlin

Post by David McLaughlin »

Congrats to Bob and Rich Tomasini for a great finish as Classic winners and Anglers of the Year. This finish included a whopping 8 lb 5 oz club-record-breaking "monster" bass. They broke two records: big fish, and most weight for a year!!! GREAT JOB!!!
(For now, my 5 bass record with Bill Slavis, 23 lbs 7oz survived (whew!), but next April at Candy, who knows!!!)

Another great fishing team,Pat Xiques and Sean Kelly came in 2nd Place, coming in with 3 consecutive bags which were better each day!!! ...wow!

Joe Contrino and Frank Mussara finished in 3nd Place with consistent fish each day. Nice work!

Ken Sullivan and Mike Krug were the only other team to increase each day for fourth. Great job, and Congrats to ALL!

Other notables were Kevin Cunningham and Joe Pido catching an 18 pound bag and 5th,( on my NEW, custom Jig Trailers!! Hmmmn!)

On another note, it seems the map that was going around led fishermen to all of the same spots! Talk about getting a lot of mileage from ONE map. I bet a lot of spots were exchanged for that map copy! LOL

Never before has a lake this size fished sooo small! And although 10 big fish were caught over 3 days, few areas gave up multiple big fish at one sitting.
It seemed as if once the one big fish left a spot by hook, it took a while for the spot to re-charge....

For the rest of us, better luck next year! >/smirk.gif" alt="smirk" title="smirk" height="15" width="15" />
David McLaughlin

Post by David McLaughlin »

Thanks to RAY SCULLY for taking me along on the Bomoseen tourney. Although beset by physical maladies and intense pain every day, Ray fought through it and fished for 4 days straight and landed some beautiful fish, as always.

With little pre-fishing, we came out and beat half the field! Great job, my friend!
Too bad I couldn't add the big fish I got in practice!

And who is the KING of fisherman dock talk??? I haven't seen anyone more influential or better!!! >/cool.gif" alt="cool" title="cool" height="15" width="15" />

Thanks again Ray, you'll always be a great fisherman...and serious competitor.
(BTW I'm starting not to get nauseas from the smell of BenGay!)

- Dave McLaughlin

PS, Stay away from those laydown trees! They're MINE! >/grin.gif" alt="grin" title="grin" height="15" width="15" /> LOL

...[email protected]
Ray Scully

Post by Ray Scully »

thank you for the kind comments my friend. I had a wonderful time and couldnt have fished four days straight without a careing and understanding partner.
Rich Tomasini

Post by Rich Tomasini »

Ray, it was great to see you out there, hopefully your health will continue to improve and we get to see more of you. Rich T.
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Sounds like it was a really great tournament... some really monster bags too. Since you guys didn't post any of the pictures, I figured I would at least add the winning team, in case anyone was interested:

Rich and Bob Tomasini with their day 1 catch of 21.02 anchored by an 8 lb, 5 oz Slob!

Attached files
Brendan C.