New Bass World Record - with Video

This is the place for off-topic posts. Have something besides fishing on your mind? Post it here. WARNING THIS AREA CONTAINS CONTENT THAT MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN!!!
wgbassgirl

Post by wgbassgirl »

It would seem that someone in Japan has the newest world record. Check out the Story...

Seventy-seven years and counting. That's how long George Perry has sat atop the record books in the largemouth bass category, but he may be sharing his perch if a recently caught Japanese bass is as big as has been reported... Read More at ESPN Bassmasters

You can also check out the video!!

George Cawthorn

Post by George Cawthorn »

I checked this out. No doubt that is a huge bass and probably does make the reported weight.

The fish looks to have been injured. There are several spots bleeding on its sides that look like the fish had been foul hooked maybe.

The other thing is fishing with live bluegill for bait..... jeezzzzz, like that is totally illegal in California. In fact it is illegal here to use any game fish as live bait to catch another game fish.

Ca' mon!!! I can't even imagine doing that. What a lame way to fish!! Especially in fresh water.... live bluegill... the thought of it makes me want to throw up!!!

I can just imagine what my friends would think of me if they found out I was using live rainbow trout for bait at Castaic. Probably I'd get shanked.
BassAngler92

Post by BassAngler92 »

I use live trout for bait
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Brendan C.
Roboworm99

Post by Roboworm99 »

Originally Posted By: geobass
The fish looks to have been injured. There are several spots bleeding on its sides that look like the fish had been foul hooked maybe.

They use the equivalant of Gill Nets on that lake.

Leading many to believe the fish was possibly caught in a net...
**Ray Charpentier**
George Cawthorn

Post by George Cawthorn »

Hey! That may be a world record cricket.