Castaic Lagoon 10/22

Read reports, exchange information and current conditions for the lakes, ponds & rivers in your area...
Fire Ball

Castaic Lagoon 10/22

Post by Fire Ball »

I arrived at the lagoon at about 3:00 and got to my spot at about 3:10. Then I setup my drop shot rig and cast it out. On the first cast, I managed to catch a 14" bass! My first drop shot bass and it wasn't bad at all! After a few more hours, no luck. Then the sun started to go down so I decided to catch a few bluegill since my friend was getting a lot of bite. It got really dark after I caught about 2 bluegill and lost about 7 of them! I walked back to the car to leave, but the car would not start because the battery was dead! We were waiting and trying to start it, but it just wasn't going to happen. Then I called my mom and she called AAA to help us out. It was going to take 20 minutes to 1 hour for them to get there, so I decided to rig up again and try to catch another bass. I cast my line out and after a few casts, I hooked a huge bass! I was reeling it in and then it got snagged in the weeds like my first fish. I had it in the weeds for about 10 minutes trying to get it out of there but it wasn't moving. My mom said we needed to leave, but I wasn't going to give up that easily. I kept trying until my line broke off and my rod hit me in the face! LOL! Overall it was a fun day and I was glad to catch a few fish. I am so disappointed I didn't get the huge fish though!

Fish drop shot bass!

This picture makes me looks weird! If you see me at the lake, make sure to say hi!
swimbait101

Castaic Lagoon 10/22

Post by swimbait101 »

nice Bryan

so your PB is 14 inches!!!
YEAH !!!!!!!!

dont you know fish on a firsty cast is bad luck??
Fire Ball

Castaic Lagoon 10/22

Post by Fire Ball »

Originally Posted By: swimbait101nice Bryan

so your PB is 14 inches!!!
YEAH !!!!!!!!

dont you know fish on a firsty cast is bad luck??
No wonder I lost a bigger fish later!!! I'm going to the lagoon tomorrow. I better catch some bigger bass! >/laugh.gif" alt="laugh" title="laugh" height="15" width="15" />

Btw, my personal best LMB is 14", but I have caught a lot bigger fish that are other species. I just started bass fishing about 2 months ago going once a week.
George Cawthorn

Castaic Lagoon 10/22

Post by George Cawthorn »

Just curious Fire Ball..... how are you rigging up the dropshot?
Fire Ball

Castaic Lagoon 10/22

Post by Fire Ball »

Originally Posted By: geobassJust curious Fire Ball..... how are you rigging up the dropshot?
I am using a 6" Roboworm with a size 1 Gamakatsu drop shot hook or size 4 drop shot hook if I am using 4.5" Roboworms. Then I use around 12" to 16" leader and place my 1/4 oz drop shot weight there. I was using a 1/8 oz drop shot weight recently because Sport Chalet didn't have any 1/4 oz drop shot weights and my brother lost a lot of mine!