Castaic Lagoon 10/25

Read reports, exchange information and current conditions for the lakes, ponds & rivers in your area...
Fire Ball

Castaic Lagoon 10/25

Post by Fire Ball »

I went to the lagoon today and got there around 6:30. I was fishing around the launch ramp and the dock for an hour or two and didn't get anything so I decided to move to a different spot that I have caught a bass from a few days before. I was using Roboworms and drop shotting them and ended up getting a lot of fish! My friend and I were pulling lots of fish out of the lake. After a catching a few fish, my friend caught a fish and then about 10 seconds after getting him out of the water, I hooked one! It was really awesome and I am certainly enjoying drop shotting! Thanks for the tips guy, here are the picture of the fish I caught today! I caught 4 total and my friend caught 3 total.

11" Bass

12" Bass

13" Bass

9" Bass
swimbait101

Castaic Lagoon 10/25

Post by swimbait101 »

alright man, i guess ill take your spot next time when im in my canoe!
but it sucks none of them were keepers....
why didnt u mention me? hahah
Fire Ball

Castaic Lagoon 10/25

Post by Fire Ball »

I didn't mention you because this post was mainly for a different forum, but I like to post them here too for you guys. I am looks forward to catching some bigger ones on the upper lake or in my tube!
swimbait101

Castaic Lagoon 10/25

Post by swimbait101 »

yeah
i wonder what attracted all those bass to that area

mmmm ill check will my fishfinder next time..
Fire Ball

Castaic Lagoon 10/25

Post by Fire Ball »

Originally Posted By: swimbait101yeah
i wonder what attracted all those bass to that area

mmmm ill check will my fishfinder next time..
There are a lot of weeds, so they like to hide in them. You have a fish finder?
George Cawthorn

Castaic Lagoon 10/25

Post by George Cawthorn »

Nice job Fire Ball! It's always good to see someone knockin' them down at the Lagoon. Have you tried using some Smelly Jelly on the tails of your worms?

Give the orange one with the sissy sparkles a try. I've had a lot of good bites using it at the Lagoon.

Later...............
Fire Ball

Castaic Lagoon 10/25

Post by Fire Ball »

Originally Posted By: geobassNice job Fire Ball! It's always good to see someone knockin' them down at the Lagoon. Have you tried using some Smelly Jelly on the tails of your worms?

Give the orange one with the sissy sparkles a try. I've had a lot of good bites using it at the Lagoon.

Later...............
I've had a different guy tell me that Smelly Jelly has worked really well for him, but I haven't had a chance to buy it yet. I am going to get the shad scented one.