Everything Explained in Terms of Fishing?

This is the place for off-topic posts. Have something besides fishing on your mind? Post it here. WARNING THIS AREA CONTAINS CONTENT THAT MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN!!!
George Cawthorn

Post by George Cawthorn »

My son often asks me, "Dad why is it that you explain everything in terms of fishing?"

"That's a good question.", I tell him. "Because so many other things in life relate to principles related to fishing."

For example, I tell him losing a game in football is like going out fishing and getting zeroed. It only makes me more determined to go out and get a big one next time I go out. etc. etc.

There are many more examples I could give but I am curious to know if you guys have a tendency to explain things in fishing terms also?

If so I invite you guys to share some examples of this phenomena with us.

Later..............
ukey28

Post by ukey28 »

When I interview a guy that I know is guilty, its like casting a topwater to a stump where you know a fish lives. I try to make the lure really enticing, talk to the guy nice, make him OK with me and see if I can get him to take the bait. Then you reel him in.
Frank : Bassin' USA Prostaff : New York
George Cawthorn

Post by George Cawthorn »

Good one ukey 28.

Yeah it's like being on the sales floor with a customer about to buy an entire suite of kitchen appliances.... one of the appliances is out of stock in a matching color.

They nibbled on everything you had in the box but you just couldn't get them to bite.