Castaic 11/27

Read reports, exchange information and current conditions for the lakes, ponds & rivers in your area...
Fire Ball

Castaic 11/27

Post by Fire Ball »

The Lagoon looked glassy and the upper lake wasn't very bad at all in the morning. Too bad I wasn't fishing in the morning with my boat! We launched the boat after having it fixed up at a shop and the control box was messed up (not from them) so the boat wasn't working which mad me really mad. We pulled it back out of the water and then took it back to the shop to have them fix it. While they were fixing it, I had my dad drop me off at the lagoon since it looked so nice. I was fishing for about an hour and caught a nice LMB on the drop shot. The boat was fixed after that and we took it up to the upper lake and launched it at 11:30. We went around a while, but didn't catch anything and it got windy about 30 minutes after we launched. The time to be there was early this morning! Too bad! We took the boat out and then put everything in the SUV and a guy that was a guide came over and asked if we wanted some fish. He gave us a HUGE bluegill and a small striper. The bluegill weighed more than the striper, lol. We cooked the fish and ate them, but they didn't have that much flavor. Any tips on cooking fish or catching lots of striper, bluegill, or LMB at Castaic? I am only good at fishing the lagoon.

14" LMB caught while I was waiting for the boat.

Monster bluegill that someone gave us.

Small striper that the same guy gave us.
swimbait101

Castaic 11/27

Post by swimbait101 »

the way you hold ur lmb looks odd to me for some reason.
nice bass
see you on sunday
Fire Ball

Castaic 11/27

Post by Fire Ball »

Originally Posted By: swimbait101the way you hold ur lmb looks odd to me for some reason.
nice bass
see you on sunday
Haha! It does look weird in that picture. My other ones don't look weird. Maybe it looks weird because I was rushed and freaking out.