Float Tubi'n at the Lagoon

Read reports, exchange information and current conditions for the lakes, ponds & rivers in your area...
ronlehman909

Post by ronlehman909 »

Went out float tubing at the Lagoon today and enjoyed the calm. After a couple of weeks of 15-30 mph winds today was perfect. Caught 5 bass all around 1/2 lbs each on drop shot and 3" worms loss two others as they flipped off prior to landing. Small fish but a lot of fun to be fishing again.

Ron Lehman
[email protected]
Fire Ball

Post by Fire Ball »

I was fishing from shore on the lagoon today and caught a 14" bass in the hour that I was there. After that I went to the upper lake. I think I saw you. Were you with one other guy in Paradise Cove? One of you had a Fish Cat 4 and the other had a Creek Company ODC 420. At least that is what it looked like to me. Maybe I can float tube with you guys sometime. I still haven't taken mine out yet...
swimbait101

Post by swimbait101 »

man ron, i havent see you for a while
try to catch those size bass on 2 lb test.
its FUNNNNN
Fire Ball

Post by Fire Ball »

Originally Posted By: swimbait101man ron, i havent see you for a while
try to catch those size bass on 2 lb test.
its FUNNNNN
I've always wanted to catch some bass on my ultralight. I would be awesome!
ronlehman909

Post by ronlehman909 »

Hi Fire Ball and Swimbait,
Probably wasn't me when you saw the two guys as I arrived about noon and left at 4:00pm. I was on a fishcat4 but was by myself and didn't see any other float tubers around.

Fire Ball you can join me anytime that you see me out there. Blue Fishcat 4... I always wear a light grey fishing cap that folds out to protect my neck from the sun and wind. Always have 4 rods on board as well. Usually one rod is set up with large Huddleston trout.

Swimbait, I know it's been awhile as it's been very windy. I was using a 4.6' pole with very small spinning reel but I was using 4lb. test. It still is a lot of fun as the pole really bends and it feels like I have a 5-lb. bass on the other end.

I usually don't post such small fish but wanted to show everyone that they are biting!
Ron Lehman
[email protected]
George Cawthorn

Post by George Cawthorn »

I was fishing 5 lb. fluro for a while. Got a lot of bites and lost a few good ones too.

Roll the dice.
swimbait101

Post by swimbait101 »

hey Ron are you able to throw swimbaits from your tube???
ronlehman909

Post by ronlehman909 »

I carry one with me at all times. I usually have a lg.trout sinking BB however I bought a floater trout that works and looks great. I've seen a few bass attack an injured trout so I have been keeping one on a rod ready for when I see a boil or attack happening. It is hard to throw and after about 20 cast it's pretty tiring. I use 25lb test spider line with a bait caster and sturdy rod. Side note ...I was out tubin on Wed from 12- 4 and caught 9 bass all smallies on split shot dragging a 5" watermelon worm on one rod and Texas rig with a 3" blood red worm. They were both working well. A couple of boat fishermen were catching huge crappies all of us were in paradise cove. They were using jigs. Water was 56 degrees and it was very calm with winds out of the SW. As the water recedes I have noticed a lot more structure appearing in what used to be 40-50 ft. of water and now it's in 20-30 ft of water and I'm getting hung up on it more and more until I learn where it's at. Have you noticed this problem due to the water receding?
Ron Lehman
[email protected]
Fire Ball

Post by Fire Ball »

Originally Posted By: Ron LehmanI carry one with me at all times. I usually have a lg.trout sinking BB however I bought a floater trout that works and looks great. I've seen a few bass attack an injured trout so I have been keeping one on a rod ready for when I see a boil or attack happening. It is hard to throw and after about 20 cast it's pretty tiring. I use 25lb test spider line with a bait caster and sturdy rod. Side note ...I was out tubin on Wed from 12- 4 and caught 9 bass all smallies on split shot dragging a 5" watermelon worm on one rod and Texas rig with a 3" blood red worm. They were both working well. A couple of boat fishermen were catching huge crappies all of us were in paradise cove. They were using jigs. Water was 56 degrees and it was very calm with winds out of the SW. As the water recedes I have noticed a lot more structure appearing in what used to be 40-50 ft. of water and now it's in 20-30 ft of water and I'm getting hung up on it more and more until I learn where it's at. Have you noticed this problem due to the water receding?
You caught smallies or did you catch small largemouth?? I want to catch a few huge crappie on my ultralight. >/laugh.gif" alt="laugh" title="laugh" height="15" width="15" />
George Cawthorn

Post by George Cawthorn »

Glad to hear it was calm Ron. Last time I was out there the surface of the Lagoon was like a roller coaster.