Castaic Lagoon 11/29 - Fishing with Butch!

Read reports, exchange information and current conditions for the lakes, ponds & rivers in your area...
Fire Ball

Post by Fire Ball »

I decided to hit the lagoon this morning with my friend swimbait101 and another friend. Ffejrobins30 showed up too about 10 minutes after we got there. I started fishing for a little while, when Butch Brown came over and asked if me and swimbait101 wanted to fish with him for a little while. Butch said he has seen my posts and wants me to catch some bigger fish and he also knew swimbait101 previously. So we hopped in his boat and hit a spot loaded with bass. Butch is an awesome guy and thanks to him, I caught a few personal best bass today!! Me and swimbait101 caught about 15 bass each in about 1 or 2 hours! Thanks Butch, it was really awesome! When I got back on shore, I didn't manage to catch any more fish, neither did swimbait101, but my other friend caught a 13" bass. Fishing from shore was tough today. I don't think Ffejrobins30 managed to catch any fish either. Butch is an awesome guy!

ALL FISH RELEASED >/cool.gif" alt="cool" title="cool" height="15" width="15" />

My 2nd bass of the day.

My 3rd bass of the day.

My 4th bass of the day.

We put a bunch in the livewell for a picture. WE RELEASED THEM ALL AFTER!

swimbait101

Post by swimbait101 »

i caught the biggest
Fire Ball

Post by Fire Ball »

Originally Posted By: swimbait101i caught the biggest
I measured them out in the picture and ours are just about the same! Mine has a cooler pattern on it though! We both caught lots of nice fish!
swimbait101

Post by swimbait101 »

it doesnt matter the length, mine was ALOT FATTER than yours.
mine had more shad in its belly.
Fire Ball

Post by Fire Ball »

Originally Posted By: swimbait101it doesnt matter the length, mine was ALOT FATTER than yours.
mine had more shad in its belly.
I measured out the width too and they look just about the same. Yours might have been a little fatter because the belly was pretty round, lol.
wgbassgirl

Post by wgbassgirl »

Awesome..they are great...what did you use to catch these? If you would like to share.
wgbassgirl

Post by wgbassgirl »

Awesome..they are great...what did you use to catch these? If you would like to share.
Fire Ball

Post by Fire Ball »

Originally Posted By: bassinwg6Awesome..they are great...what did you use to catch these? If you would like to share.
A secret lure... >/wink.gif" alt="wink" title="wink" height="15" width="15" />
swimbait101

Post by swimbait101 »

we cant say anything, sorry
heylucky

Post by heylucky »

Looks like you two had a great time with Butch! And yes, he is a great guy... and thats hard to find these days so make sure to pay it forward!!!
"Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish"