Castaic Lagoon 11/29 - Fishing with Butch!

Read reports, exchange information and current conditions for the lakes, ponds & rivers in your area...
wgbassgirl

Post by wgbassgirl »

At least you had a great time and yes I know all about secret lures... >/cool.gif" alt="cool" title="cool" height="15" width="15" />
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Hey guys... nice stringer! Must have been a really great day on the water. I'm sure everyone is glad to hear that you released all of those bass back into the Lagoon...

BC
Brendan C.
swimbait101

Post by swimbait101 »

of course we did
this one couple was staring at us when we were sticking them on it...
Fire Ball

Post by Fire Ball »

Originally Posted By: swimbait101of course we did
this one couple was staring at us when we were sticking them on it...
I think they thought that we were going to keep them, lol. The one guy was amazed and took some pictures. It was pretty funny.
George Cawthorn

Post by George Cawthorn »

Wow.... you guys really lucked out. Fishing with a bassman's legend like Butch must be pretty awesome. You are right, he is a great guy.

Good job, and congrats on all the nice bass and PB.
swimbait101

Post by swimbait101 »

yeah hes cool

hey geo look on FNN and look at this report on page 5
look at the comment by greenstinkyfeet
WTF is he talking about
Blanco

Post by Blanco »

You guys must of had blast that day!
I was the guy that walked up & took some pictures with my phone.
I've never had a catch like that in my life.

I started watching the YouTube videos on butch & it seems he knows what he doing.
I'd love to one day get a chance to learn from a guy like him..

I just got back into fishing after about a 25 year break from it..
& I'm loving it... >/smile.gif" alt="smile" title="smile" height="15" width="15" />
Fire Ball

Post by Fire Ball »

Originally Posted By: Cam CorreaYou guys must of had blast that day!

I started watching the YouTube videos on butch & it seems he knows what he doing.

& I'm loving it... >/smile.gif" alt="smile" title="smile" height="15" width="15" />
Oh! You are that guy! Cool. It was really awesome. We had even more than the ones in the pictures that we released without putting in the livewell too! Did you catch anything that day? Shore fishing was really tough on Sunday.

Also, did you think we were going to keep all those bass? Haha. I release all of the largemouth that I catch.
Blanco

Post by Blanco »

Originally Posted By: Fire BallOriginally Posted By: Cam CorreaYou guys must of had blast that day!

Oh! You are that guy! Cool. It was really awesome. We had even more than the ones in the pictures that we released without putting in the livewell too! Did you catch anything that day? Shore fishing was really tough on Sunday.

Also, did you think we were going to keep all those bass? Haha. I release all of the largemouth that I catch.

Naw... I didn't even get any nibbles... >/frown.gif" alt="frown" title="frown" height="15" width="15" />
& actually I didn't give any thought to you keeping them or not.
But, I figured you'd be eating some for dinner.
I remember thinking if you release them there I might have a chance to catch one myself.
If in was still in a biting mood after being handled by humans.. LOL!
George Cawthorn

Post by George Cawthorn »

swimbait101 they are a bunch of jealous bozoos. Don't pay attention to the haters.

I've known Butch for a long time and there are a lot of guys who resent him because he always shows them up at the Lagoon. There is nobody who can even come close to what he does on that lake.

He is a great guy, extremely friendly and humble. He has taught me a lot and I can fully understand not wanting to talk about a particular lure on a given day. Especially considering that Butch is sponsored!!!