Castaic Lagoon 12/6 - New PB!

Read reports, exchange information and current conditions for the lakes, ponds & rivers in your area...
Fire Ball

Post by Fire Ball »

I took my float tube out today for the first time and let me tell you, IT WAS AWESOME! So much better than shore fishing! In the morning, I started exploring some new areas that I couldn't reach from shore, but didn't catch any fish at these new areas. I was tubing the East side after that for a while and then saw Butch and talked to him for a while. He told me a good spot and gave me a couple lures that I used before to catch a BUNCH of fish. I went to the spot he told me and started fishing. I hooked into a fish about 5 minutes after being there and it was a nice 3 or 4 lb fish. I was happy to catch my first float tube bass and wanted another bass! I hooked into a MONSTER (at least for me, lol) after that and I was fighting it for a long time. It was pulling me around in my tube! My reel buckled under the pressure or something and I was SURE that I was going to lose the fish because of it, but it was still on! I was still fighting and it started to pull my rod almost all the way into the water. It was fighting so much, but I was still able to land it! Once I got it in my tube, I saw how big it was! I instantly knew that it was the biggest bass I had ever caught!! I weighed it on the little scale I had and it was just over 6 lbs! All in all, it was an awesome day with my new tube!

The pictures I got were not very good. I had to take them from my tube all alone, lol. It was a lot harder to take the pictures that I thought it was going to be!

First float tube bass!

New personal best, 6 lb bass!!

I tried taking a picture of me AND the bass, but it didn't work too well.
swimbait101

Post by swimbait101 »

nice bass fireball

i wish i could fish but i had a parade
Fire Ball

Post by Fire Ball »

Originally Posted By: swimbait101nice bass fireball

i wish i could fish but i had a parade
That sucks. You should have skipped the parade! Lol.
Roboworm99

Post by Roboworm99 »

way to go...that's one nasty wound on that fish.
**Ray Charpentier**
ronlehman909

Post by ronlehman909 »

Very Nice, Good size Bass. Water looks a little rough and I really liked the picture of you and your PB...so you see how difficult it is to take a pic on a tube!
Ron Lehman
[email protected]
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Congrats on your first float tube bass... out east that bass would be considered a real trophy catch...

You can tell from the picture that it really was a personal best.

BC
Brendan C.
George Cawthorn

Post by George Cawthorn »

Very nice bass Fire Ball. Way to go on the new tube. Congrats on the new PB.
Fire Ball

Post by Fire Ball »

Originally Posted By: Roboworm99way to go...that's one nasty wound on that fish.
I know! I think it was from the fish laying on a rock or something.

Originally Posted By: Ron LehmanVery Nice, Good size Bass. Water looks a little rough and I really liked the picture of you and your PB...so you see how difficult it is to take a pic on a tube!
The water got pretty rough later in the day. I caught both bass around 2:00. I couldn't say in the same place for more than a couple seconds without kicking. Earlier in the day it was nice though. I really need to get an anchor for days like these. It was so hard to take the pictures! My friend is going to get a tube soon, so he can take pictures for me and I can take pictures for him soon.

Originally Posted By: BrendanCongrats on your first float tube bass... out east that bass would be considered a real trophy catch...

You can tell from the picture that it really was a personal best.

BC
Too bad this is California where we always get huge bass! Lol. Its head was as big as mine!

Originally Posted By: geobassVery nice bass Fire Ball. Way to go on the new tube. Congrats on the new PB.
Thanks Geo.
Robo Bass

Post by Robo Bass »

Congrats on the new PB buddy >/laugh.gif" alt="laugh" title="laugh" height="15" width="15" />
swimbait101

Post by swimbait101 »

when are you gonna get yours robo bass
i have my canoe and he has a tube