22 of snow!!!!!

This is the place for off-topic posts. Have something besides fishing on your mind? Post it here. WARNING THIS AREA CONTAINS CONTENT THAT MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN!!!
ukey28

22 of snow!!!!!

Post by ukey28 »

and no snow blower! This SUX!!!!!
Frank : Bassin' USA Prostaff : New York
ronlehman909

22 of snow!!!!!

Post by ronlehman909 »

Oh man can't relate. So I guess you are shoveling by snow shovel? Do you salt your driveway? Or you could let it go and call into work Monday and say you can't get out of your driveway!! SEND US A PICTURE. Here in S.Cal. 71 degrees air temp, 54 degree water...went tube fishing today in the Lagoon and caught 7 LMB largest being only 2-lbs. Surface was like GLASS most of the day...perfect! >/smile.gif" alt="smile" title="smile" height="15" width="15" />
Ron Lehman
[email protected]
Fire Ball

22 of snow!!!!!

Post by Fire Ball »

I would be amazed if it snowed 1 inch here, lol.

Originally Posted By: Ron LehmanOh man can't relate. So I guess you are shoveling by snow shovel? Do you salt your driveway? Or you could let it go and call into work Monday and say you can't get out of your driveway!! SEND US A PICTURE. Here in S.Cal. 71 degrees air temp, 54 degree water...went tube fishing today in the Lagoon and caught 7 LMB largest being only 2-lbs. Surface was like GLASS most of the day...perfect! >/smile.gif" alt="smile" title="smile" height="15" width="15" />
I wish I was there! I went on Friday and I'm going tomorrow.
George Cawthorn

22 of snow!!!!!

Post by George Cawthorn »

Wow.... I used to live back east in NJ so I've been through a few bad snow storms.

I remember the worst thing was getting the drive way shoveled clear to the street and then a snow plow would come by and there would be another bank of snow at the end of the driveway. Usually twice as deep as before. LOL

Since I lived in L.A. I've only seen real snow at the lower elevations three times. Once while driving down the 405 freewaty past LAX one morning there was about an inch of snow on the freeway just south of the airport on the south bay curve.

Two other times about five years apart my front yard in Mission Hills got slushed about a 1/4 of an inch. Which didn't last more than half an hour after the sun came up.

The hill around where I live above 6,000 feet do get dusted with snow now and then. On a clear day I can see the higher San Bernadino Mts. covered at the tops close to 10,000 ft.
ukey28

22 of snow!!!!!

Post by ukey28 »

Well,
It was actually about 24" with drifts to about 4 feet. My neighbor across the street bought a snow blower the night before the storm and when he was done with his driveway he lent it to me. I did my place, a 90' foot drive way and my next door neighbors. His is about 100' long, he's 83 and he was out there shoveling like a mad man! The snow in the back yard was over my labs back! The plows came through once and cut a path through the center of the street, I'm sure they will return tomorrow and push four feet of ice into the end of my driveway. That's what I pay 12K a year in taxes for, hernias and backaches! I would put up some pics but I never can do it without Nunz's help.
Those are some tall mountains Geo, the sight must be something to see!
Ron it never got over 32 here today and the wind was still crankin, supposed to be 15 to 25 tonight, but 36 tomorrow with less wind. Maybe, cough, cough, I'll be ill tomorrow!
johnnie crain outdoors

22 of snow!!!!!

Post by johnnie crain outdoors »

Bet you'll have a white Christmas at least. We got off easy here in Iowa with only 10 inches of snow and 30 mph winds. Roads are okay now, but still lots of snow to go around. Be safe.
Johnnie Crain
wgbassgirl

22 of snow!!!!!

Post by wgbassgirl »

Originally Posted By: ukey28Well,
It was actually about 24" with drifts to about 4 feet. My neighbor across the street bought a snow blower the night before the storm and when he was done with his driveway he lent it to me. I did my place, a 90' foot drive way and my next door neighbors. His is about 100' long, he's 83 and he was out there shoveling like a mad man! The snow in the back yard was over my labs back! The plows came through once and cut a path through the center of the street, I'm sure they will return tomorrow and push four feet of ice into the end of my driveway. That's what I pay 12K a year in taxes for, hernias and backaches! I would put up some pics but I never can do it without Nunz's help.
Those are some tall mountains Geo, the sight must be something to see!
Ron it never got over 32 here today and the wind was still crankin, supposed to be 15 to 25 tonight, but 36 tomorrow with less wind. Maybe, cough, cough, I'll be ill tomorrow!

Frank - you should see my poor dog. He is a Shiba Inu, a little smaller than my knee...I had to make a tunnel out front for him..can't get in the back, it was over my head in some areas, from drifts. I snow plowed the walkway, and then hired someone to do the rest...hehehe..Our snow plow came up once and the mail boxes are all buried. I am not so sure they are coming back, one actually got stuck at the end of the block, got out and then left.

If you want I can help you post pics..you can email them to me. Let me know.
brendanc

22 of snow!!!!!

Post by brendanc »

Yeah... this stuff isn't going anywhere for a while...

Attached files
Brendan C.
ukey28

22 of snow!!!!!

Post by ukey28 »

Sent you a PM Bassinwg6
George Cawthorn

22 of snow!!!!!

Post by George Cawthorn »

Yep, we got some big mountains around here. San Gabriels just 20 miles east of downtown L.A and the beach.

Mt. Baldy...... elevation 8,600 ft.

Down here in the San Fernando Valley where I live, roses are blooming in my back yard!!!