Unexpected Rain Gear Test!

This is the place for off-topic posts. Have something besides fishing on your mind? Post it here. WARNING THIS AREA CONTAINS CONTENT THAT MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN!!!
George Cawthorn

Post by George Cawthorn »

I really do wish I had a picture for this one but the story telling will have to suffice in this case.

Once on a very rainy day I was fishing at the shoreline of Castaic Lagoon. Not long after I got there a jet-ski racing event began to take place on the Lagoon.

Before a race would get started gangs of racers would go screaming around the Lagoon to get the water bikes warmed up.

It was interesting to watch the heats and except for the fact that the noise and the chop was %#$#$% up the fishing that day I really didn't mind so much.

I was standing there at the shore for a long time in heavy rain... with my full poncho and rain hood on. Basically dry as a bone.

One of the guys in the last race had gone screaming by right in front of me not twenty feet off the shoreline and almost clipped my line in the process.

As he passed I flipped him a good view of the middle finger. He circled around and came flying across the lake only this time he was heading straight for me.

I stood my ground an didn't move an inch. Like a bullet he kept coming straight at me. At the very last second at top speed he made a quick shift to his right and then dug really hard into a sharp left turn.

This threw up a huge wall of water that came crashing down on me. He swerved off not more than ten yards from the shore.

As he sped away back to the races he turned and flipped me the middle one.

Still bone dry after the deluge and feeling like I had passed the unexpected rain gear test with flying colors I continued to fish.

I got a good chuckle out of it and mused for quite a while over the humor and poetic justice of the incident.
Fire Ball

Post by Fire Ball »

Haha! Good thing you had the rain gear. I don't fish in the rain because I don't have the money to buy some good rain gear, lol.