Xmas Fishing..... TEXAS STYLE!

Read reports, exchange information and current conditions for the lakes, ponds & rivers in your area...
heylucky

Post by heylucky »

Did a lil fishing Christmas day on our private lake here in Texas. Started off Catfishing because of the cold weather, but then look what I pulled in near the end of the day:

Merry Christmas to all my Cali Friends!
"Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish"
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Nice Largemouth... those cats will sure keep you interested on a cold day. What was the temp that day?
Brendan C.
heylucky

Post by heylucky »

Thanks Brendan! The Temp. unofficially was "Buttcold!!" Officially I believe it was around 29 with the windchill. (we actually had a lil snow flurry the day before)
"Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish"
swimbait101

Post by swimbait101 »

man your lucky with a private pond to fish at
thats a nice bass, what did u catch it on
heylucky

Post by heylucky »

its called a Lake Fork Hyper Creature... Pulled in another about the same size today on a 6" SwimBait... Cant wait for spring!
swimbait101

Post by swimbait101 »

i would go launch a jon boat and fish for them when there spawning....i would do that all day
those bass are prob easier to catch then the castaic bass
Fire Ball

Post by Fire Ball »

Originally Posted By: swimbait101i would go launch a jon boat and fish for them when there spawning....i would do that all day
those bass are prob easier to catch then the castaic bass
Probably a lot easier to catch than the Castaic bass. The bass at the upper lake and Lagoon get way too much fishing pressure. The Lagoon doesn't get as much pressure as the upper lake, but they are both high pressure lakes.
swimbait101

Post by swimbait101 »

i want to go back to kauai and bass fish
heylucky

Post by heylucky »

The Problem here right now is that the water is at 40 degrees... I am bouncing stuff off there head to get them to bite and to top it the water is very dirty..... I didnt know what they meant by "dirty" water til I came to Texas...
swimbait101

Post by swimbait101 »

thats cold...