What's Up For the New Year?

This is the place for off-topic posts. Have something besides fishing on your mind? Post it here. WARNING THIS AREA CONTAINS CONTENT THAT MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN!!!
George Cawthorn

Post by George Cawthorn »

Just the other day I went down to Fishing Fools in Granada Hills and got my 2010 fishing license. $41.50 for single pole with no salt stamp.

I also went out and bought another ankle brace for my right leg. I went out the other day with a friend of mine to a new fishing spot he wanted to show me.

I had the brace on my left ankle and was able to hang for half a day with no problem. Afterwards my right ankle was a little sore so I decided to double up on that.

After being out of action since early summer in 2009, I've decided to forgo my usual layoff for the winter and start fishing again regularly at least once a week.

Usually I knock off on Dec. 1 and don't get back into it until Feb. 15.

My New Year's Resolution is to make a concentrated effort to catch another winter largemouth ten pounds or better this year.

So I will be going at it as much as possible this winter rather than skipping most of it as was my usual routine.

What are you guys thinking about cranking up for this year?
adriiiian

Post by adriiiian »

catching my very first bass.im hoping it will be at the lagoon.
Fire Ball

Post by Fire Ball »

I hope to get my first DD bass and DD striper. I picked up my license yesterday. Sport Chalet was sold out of the yearly so I had to go to Big 5. I got the Ocean Enhancement stamp and 2nd Rod stamp.
ronlehman909

Post by ronlehman909 »

#1 Find a job in sales or sales management (unemployed going on sixteen months)
#2 Keep fishing as much as possible to take my mind off of being unemployed.
#3 Catch a DD LMB from the lagoon.
#4 Try new ways and ideas for catching larger bass.
#5 Have fun fishing.
Ron Lehman
[email protected]
swimbait101

Post by swimbait101 »

1. better grades
2. fish ALOT more
3. get a better boat or at least a motor
4. getting some peacock bass to make a 2 specie amazonian predator tank ( i already have 2 oscars ) ( predators like guppies and goldfish... hehehe....)
5. get skinny...ER!!!!
johnnie crain outdoors

Post by johnnie crain outdoors »

I have for ten years been trying to establish a state record for spotted bass. The Iowa DNR wouldn't honor these fish because only one lake has them. After a lot of talking to state Representitives and Senators we finally got the fish approved for state record status. The Iowa DNR set the minimum requirement at 2 1/2 pounds or sixteen inches. I have caught two over fifteen inches but can't claim the record yet. I released one of four pounds the year before we got the fish established. Now I need to find her again!.
Johnnie Crain
swimbait101

Post by swimbait101 »

ohh oops, i guess peacock bass are now illegal ): >/frown.gif" alt="frown" title="frown" height="15" width="15" />