New Bass Record (It's official)

This is the place for off-topic posts. Have something besides fishing on your mind? Post it here. WARNING THIS AREA CONTAINS CONTENT THAT MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN!!!
Fire Ball

Post by Fire Ball »

Originally Posted By: geobassDid that weight include the weight of the bluegill in it's stomach?

I don't know about the rest of the Castaic crew but that record won't mean much to me since it was caught in a manner that is illegal in California.
Ya, I was thinking the same thing. I actually saw guys using live bluegill at the pier about 4 months ago and they were catching a lot of BIG bass within a short amount of time. They also had like 4 or 5 lines in the water each. It was really illegal and I didn't know the number for Cal Tip but I figured they wouldn't do anything anyway, lol.
George Cawthorn

Post by George Cawthorn »

Yeah, I wish I was a DFG warden and could catch Kurita doing that at Castaic.

I would love to say to him "Smile... you're under arrest."
johnnie crain outdoors

Post by johnnie crain outdoors »

I guess bluegill are legal bait here in Iowa, But I don't want to just feed a fish, I want to outsmart it and catch it.
Johnnie Crain
swimbait101

Post by swimbait101 »

cant u use baby trout in some eastern staes??
i heard about it somewhere
Fire Ball

Post by Fire Ball »

Originally Posted By: swimbait101cant u use baby trout in some eastern staes??
i heard about it somewhere
I heard about that too. Some bait shops and stuff sell live trout, lol.
George Cawthorn

Post by George Cawthorn »

I remember reading something by one of the major trophy bass guys and basically what he said was "If you are really serious about catching a record largemouth you should consider live bait."

He was talking about the fact that many of the Castaic records have been taken on live crawdads.

Well I suppose if that's all you care about you do what you gotta do to break the record.

But I am in the same camp as Jonnie........ I wan't to fool the fish. I want the satisfaction that I sort of did this on my own, that I made the fish accept my presentation as food, not my food as presentation. As in this case without the help of a bluegill.
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

They should break the IGFA classifications into two categories:

1) Artificial Lures
2) Live Bait

Here's a trivia questions, what did George Perry catch his world record bass on?

On a side note, think of all of the record fish that the DEC/DEP/DNR, etc. must have come across while using electro-shocking for research...

And let's have another look at the video.

Brendan C.
wgbassgirl

Post by wgbassgirl »

Originally Posted By: BrendanThey should break the IGFA classifications into two categories:

1) Artificial Lures
2) Live Bait

Here's a trivia questions, what did George Perry catch his world record bass on?

I am going to take a guess here, was it a Creek Chub Fintail Shiner?
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

You mean you are going to "GOOGLE", not "guess".... LMAO!
Brendan C.
wgbassgirl

Post by wgbassgirl »

You doubt that this is something I did not just happen to know... I am shocked.. >/smile.gif" alt="smile" title="smile" height="15" width="15" />
Ok. Ok. I did not know there were their rules to this...I was guessing that google was right... >/smile.gif" alt="smile" title="smile" height="15" width="15" />