Classic Contest Forum - Question Answer

This is the place for off-topic posts. Have something besides fishing on your mind? Post it here. WARNING THIS AREA CONTAINS CONTENT THAT MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN!!!
ukey28

Post by ukey28 »

This is the thread for comments, Breakin' on your buddy, joking around, or just talking about the Classic and the contest.

I'll kick it off, Goin' to a party this year Geo???LOL

Have fun!
Frank : Bassin' USA Prostaff : New York
George Cawthorn

Post by George Cawthorn »

I won't know if I'm goin' to the party till I see your picks Frank.
ukey28

Post by ukey28 »

Aaron MArtens!! Please. The master of second place??? Actaully with this cold weather, a smart choice.

I was going through the posts from last year and came across yours when you couldn't get the 5 guys in due to the party the night before!

Tell me If IKE didn't get DQ'd last year then he will this year, right? I think he gets DQ'd every other year.

What do you have against Freeman??
George Cawthorn

Yeah........ Aaron Martens is due for a win at the big show. And by the way the reason you say Please. The master of second place??

Makes perfect sense to me that he's gonna come around this time.

The party thing last year was the best excuse I could come up with.

The trick is to have a dark horse.

Somebody like Ike who's not paying enough attention to the judges. Maybe this year he'll get penalized for having to many tats.

I got nothing against Freeman. When he comes in last my pick will be right thats all.

Frank you gotta post your picks so I (we) can give them due scrutiny.

The one easy thing to do is pick all the top qualifiers for the first round but I prefer to play the rebel. That's why I included KVD.

I was gonna go with Denny Brauer for last, but changed my mind.

johnnie crain outdoors

Post by johnnie crain outdoors »

I like this combo. 1. Kevin Van dam.
2. Tommy Biffle
3. Shaw Grigsby
4. Denny Brauer
5. Mark Tucker
All good cold water anglers-all experienced. All capable.
Personally, I hope Ike never wins again. He's much to much into the Reality series type fishing. Johnnie
Johnnie Crain
ukey28

Post by ukey28 »

I want to wait a bit to see what happens with the weather down there before I make my picks. There are some guys on the tour that I would have picked in a minute in cold water, but they didn't make the classic. Martens and Ike are great choices and will be in my picks, but the warm weather guys, I'll have to sort through. I see FireBall picked Fralick for last, I thought he led the classic going into the last day last year. He's from ND, so you know he's used to fishing cold water, who knows, right!
Last year taught me that there is an upper and lower tier and that what I have to keep in mind.
Geo are you getting the wife in this year, I got mine to play last year and it got me a little more fishin time!LOl

Hey Johnnie, pick five more and get in!! Did ya get the baits?
Fire Ball

Post by Fire Ball »

Originally Posted By: ukey28I want to wait a bit to see what happens with the weather down there before I make my picks. There are some guys on the tour that I would have picked in a minute in cold water, but they didn't make the classic. Martens and Ike are great choices and will be in my picks, but the warm weather guys, I'll have to sort through. I see FireBall picked Fralick for last, I thought he led the classic going into the last day last year. He's from ND, so you know he's used to fishing cold water, who knows, right!
Last year taught me that there is an upper and lower tier and that what I have to keep in mind.
Geo are you getting the wife in this year, I got mine to play last year and it got me a little more fishin time!LOl

Hey Johnnie, pick five more and get in!! Did ya get the baits?

I didn't know that, but I will probably keep him for last anyway, lol. I have never heard of him and he has only been in a few classics, so that is why I put him for last. It was between him and a couple other guys. I figured that since he is from ND, he isn't any good! LOL
George Cawthorn

Frank, we can change our picks up to the time the thread is locked right?
ukey28

Post by ukey28 »

Absolutely!!!
ukey28

Post by ukey28 »

There's a wanted poster out for FireBall in Bismark, ND!!!!