How many of you have these?

This is the place for off-topic posts. Have something besides fishing on your mind? Post it here. WARNING THIS AREA CONTAINS CONTENT THAT MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN!!!
mofish

Post by mofish »

How many have these things where you fish? Had two of them jump in the boat the other day when I went fishing. Snagged this big guy when I was crappie fishing

Attached files
Thanks,
Conley Staley
ronlehman909

Post by ronlehman909 »

What kind of fish is that? Never seen them out west.
Ron Lehman
[email protected]
johnnie crain outdoors

Post by johnnie crain outdoors »

Looks like an Asian Bighead Carp. Bad news for boaters and anglers. They school in huge schools and jump into boats when spooked by outboards. very dangerous. They seem to be spreading everywhere.
Johnnie Crain
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

If that is asian bighead carp... that's not a good thing. Check this out:

Brendan C.
George Cawthorn

Post by George Cawthorn »

Haven't seen any of those where I fish at Castaic yet.

I wonder why they all jump in different directions. Looks like a boil at sea, or striper on a lake when the go into the feeding frenzy.
swimbait101

Post by swimbait101 »

there pretty much invading the Mississippi River and its tributaries because thats where the farms where they escaped from where. im pretty sure they were brought over to each algea in small ponds. the the Mississippi RIver flooded and they escaped.

if one appears in castaic then somebodyy released it on purpose
mofish

Post by mofish »

Thats what it is Asian Big Head Carp. They are in the river that I fish. Man when you go through a school of them you really have to watch out. They will jump right in your lap! Luckily I don't run very fast in the river or you could get hurt pretty bad if one was to hit going fast. This one was the biggest one I have seen myself. Most of the ones that jump are 6 inches or so. Sure bad to see things like this get into a system and you can't really do anything about them.
Thanks,
Conley Staley
swimbait101

Post by swimbait101 »

they look fun to catch....
mofish

Post by mofish »

Oh he put up a good fight but he never jumped one time. Guess I didn't scare him enough! He also had a Lamphry (I guess that what it was) on his side you can see the red mark just below his gill were it was attached. It however slipped though the net when I brought it in, or I would have took a picture of it too!

Thanks,
Conley Staley
swimbait101

Post by swimbait101 »

wat u catch them on