Kids First Day Out Fishing for 2010

Bassin’ USA - Member’s bass fishing photo galleries. This is the place to share photos of great scenery, big fish, first catches and everything else related to bass fishing. Enjoy!IMPORTANT NOTE: THE SYSTEM WILL NOT ACCEPT PHOTOS THAT ARE LARGER THAN 1 MEGABYTE (1,000kb)OR THAT ARE LARGER THAN 1200 PIXELS IN WIDTH OR HEIGHT.HOW TO USE PHOTO GALLERIES
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

I forgot how much fun bluegill fishing can be. We caught much bigger ones than this, but even this size gave the girls a good fight. All we used was a 1" pan fish grub (on 32oz lead head jig) with a small float. No need for live bait. I will mention that a little wind helps the cause a great deal.

I remember when I used to help teach other people's kids to fish, now I have my own to teach...

Attached files
Brendan C.
TeamMahopacMarine

Post by TeamMahopacMarine »

Hey, thats a big bluegill.
I just posted something about a kids event this year on the board. My girls would a part of it for sure. I would help. Looks like fun.
The best idea I have for some more fun like this, would be either Cold Spring Harbor LI, or the restaurant on mahpac, where you can get the blue gills in a Frenzy with a few dough balls.
Search engines are everything!
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Mahopac has some nice BlueGills for sure... I'll have to find that post you mentioned.
Brendan C.
George Cawthorn

Post by George Cawthorn »

Great photo Brendan. Nothin' more fun than fishing with the kids.
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Thanks Geo... you're right about that...
Brendan C.