tourney time again!!

Our community is all about helping out our fellow anglers. Post general bass fishing topics here
allen howard

tourney time again!!

Post by allen howard »

I have back to back tourneys at Brookville Lake IN this weekend and I can't wait.I can already feel those smallies bending my rod. Has anyone else been doing any good this year?
allen howard

tourney time again!!

Post by allen howard »

I've got all my tubes and jigs and shakey heads ready to go!! I love this time of year for the big girls plus the water temps up it should be a hwag fest...
Fire Ball

tourney time again!!

Post by Fire Ball »

I fished my first tournament ever on Saturday. I did pretty well considering the major weather change and the fact that lots of guys got skunked.
Fire Ball

tourney time again!!

Post by Fire Ball »

Originally Posted By: NunzSo what did you place Fire Ball? Any checks?
I don't know what I placed, since they only announced top 5, but I easily placed in the top 10. No money for me, but it was only my first tournament. I am looking forward to fishing another in June.
allen howard

tourney time again!!

Post by allen howard »

Well it was a pretty brutal tourney.A cold front came in the day before the tourney. So the fish were closed mouthed for the most part caught 9 but they were all short. with the wind at 25 to 30 mph it was a rough day. 20 members only bagged 10 keepers winning weight was 5lbs. The second day was another story the wind died down for most of the day and it warmed up first fish of the day was 3lbs.then it was 15 short ones but the rest of the feild was doing the same one lucky guy found a honey hole came in with a full bag one 5lber and 4 2lbers. Crankbaits and spinner baits were the order of the day. Jigs and plastics weren't working. I'll do it all over again in two weeks until then I'll have a heating pad on my back LOL...
allen howard

tourney time again!!

Post by allen howard »

LOL thanks Nunzio.. I get to try it all over again this saturday. And I can't wait. But no matter what you think the fish should be doing they will be doing something else. And of course the fun part is trying to figure out what will put fish in the boat.
allen howard

tourney time again!!

Post by allen howard »

I just hope I can fish saturday. Had a fire monday night, wife let a pan of grease catch fire I put the fire out with little damage but got bad burns to my right hand. If the blisters go down enough I'll go ahead but right now I'm not sure.
allen howard

tourney time again!!

Post by allen howard »

Well Saturday was pretty bad. thunderstorms till noon rained all day.But still put two in the boat bad hand and all.Jigs and plastics took most of the fish. A few on crankbaits. Water temp was only 60 and mostly muddy. Guess I'll try it again in two weeks. Hopefully the weather is better this time.
allen howard

tourney time again!!

Post by allen howard »

Hope everyone had a great Mothers day. The lake was great today prefished for next week. boated 60 fish with 18 keepers. Biggest fish was 4#. What an awsome day. Hope the tourney is just as good!!!
allen howard

tourney time again!!

Post by allen howard »

Rocky fork lake Ohio this weekend was a blast!!! I haven't laughed so much at a tourney in years. We didn't win but I got big fish on both days. 3lbs and 2.80. we only weighed in 13lbs. 19lbs took 1st. It was windy and warm heavy thunderstorms on sunday but the worse the weather got the better the fishing. Did catch a nice 12lb cat and a 7lb cat that had a brand new crankbait stuck in it's face so that was a bonus.. Brushhawgs and jigs seemed to work well. But after I lost two nice fish at the boat while reeling in to cast again. I figured out that swimming a jig was the trick the rest of the day.