Marathon night tourney

Our community is all about helping out our fellow anglers. Post general bass fishing topics here
allen howard

Marathon night tourney

Post by allen howard »

it's our annual night marathon at Brookville lake this saturday 12 hours of pop up thunderstorms. Partners that fall asleep and drop their rod in the lake. And freezing to death in the middle of summer. And I wouldn't miss it for nothin!! Some of my favorite fishin stories have come from this tournament!!
brendanc

Marathon night tourney

Post by brendanc »

Nice... Night tournaments are great... 12 hours though, that's a long time, what is the start and end time?
Brendan C.
allen howard

Marathon night tourney

Post by allen howard »

Yeah it's a long night. Buts it's been an adventure every year and so many stories have come from it. From 8pm to 8am so the evening bite and morning bite are there. It's a club tradition and I look forward to it every year.
allen howard

Marathon night tourney

Post by allen howard »

Well It was a nice night skies were clear the stars were out the fish were in bed. LOL.. I had one keeper and six shorties. which made for a long night. Tubes and brush hawgs was all I could get a reaction to. Tried everything I could think of. But I get to do it again this Saturday night. With my other club at East Fork maybe I'll have better luck.
brendanc

Marathon night tourney

Post by brendanc »

1 Keep is better than 1 skunk! I hear you though... I going into every tournament expecting to catch a monster bag...

You'll get 'em Saturday...
Brendan C.
allen howard

Marathon night tourney

Post by allen howard »

Thanks Brendan. I go into every tourney thinking I can win. And I work hard at trying to do so. Studying the lake, going through the tackle, changing line. anything I think I can get an edge on. Yes it is an addiction!!! win or lose I always enjoy it.
George Cawthorn

Marathon night tourney

Post by George Cawthorn »

There is something extra exciting about bites at night. Something about the darkness magnifies all the little things.

I've had some great times night fishing!!!!!! Especially during the dog days.

It is strange though how at times the bite goes on and off like a light switch.
allen howard

Marathon night tourney

Post by allen howard »

its funny how much more you pay attention to the graph at night than in the day light. Plus you work your area much slower. And I swear you can feel your bait more. I'll let you know how I do tonight. It's gonna be a hot one a low of 75 after a high of 96 today. With a chance of thunderstorms early in the morning.
allen howard

Marathon night tourney

Post by allen howard »

Well East Fork worked out better for me caught 3 keepers 3.25 lbs. Working the ledges around the creek channels and points. A watermelon brushhawg with 1/2oz. Shakey head took most of my fish during the night. The early morning bite was on a watermelon shakey head worm on a 3/8oz. shakey head jig. The bite was lite they would just pick it up and move about a foot thank god for the black lites cause line watching was the deal. Thanks Brendon for all your input and help. Now to get ready for next month!!! The Ohio River and Rocky Fork....
brendanc

Marathon night tourney

Post by brendanc »

Hey, sometimes it's good to just bounce ideas off each other. Glad to hear you had a better day on the water. I have a couple of night tournaments coming up... I know what you mean, fishing in the dark really heightens your senses. Just out of curiosity, did you try a top water lure?
Brendan C.