Back Breaking

This is the place for off-topic posts. Have something besides fishing on your mind? Post it here. WARNING THIS AREA CONTAINS CONTENT THAT MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN!!!
allen howard

Back Breaking

Post by allen howard »

I know all of us deal with this problem. I was just curious how everyone handles it. After 8 to 10 hours of casting my back just throbs and goes numb. It's hard to deal with on the lake I'm too competative to sit and rest while there is water in front of me. What are some of the remidies you guys use for this problem?
ukey28

Back Breaking

Post by ukey28 »

Get down on the deck,sit and pull your feet in to your body, hold them there and bend at the waist over your feet. It stretches out the lower back muscles. Try pulling one leg at a time up trying to get the bent knee to your chest. Do these SLOWLY, Don't bounce, you could rip a hammy, a glute, or pull your back out of line. Just nice and slow. Its OK to sit and rest for a bit. Pick up a C-rig cast it out and bring it back sitting. Try layning down the rod and point both arms to the sky and then lower them out the side from your body, it loosens the neck and shoulders.
Frank : Bassin' USA Prostaff : New York
brendanc

Back Breaking

Post by brendanc »

I had the same problem... it has been greatly reduced since I started exercising and regularly. If you want to do stretches, also try doing them in the morning before you start fishing, once you go into spasm, it's difficult to stop it (without stopping fishing).
Brendan C.
David Lengyel

Back Breaking

Post by David Lengyel »

Like Brendan said, streching in the morning before you go. It also really helps if you can do it under a warm shower. The heat helps to relax the muscles and stretch them out even more.
allen howard

Back Breaking

Post by allen howard »

Sounds like some good ideas guys. I do work out on a regular basis. But I never thought about streching before a tourney. Guess it would be a good thing like steching before a workout. I'd been thinking about buying one of those high pedistal chairs to lean on to see if that helped some. Usually acouple of advil and a heating pad when I get home helps me.
mofish

Back Breaking

Post by mofish »

Hey here is one that I can help with!!! I used to run a lawn business and hurt my back requiring surgery!
So my back has been a wreck. There are some exercises that you can do that really help build strength and flexibility in your back. I do these just about every day that and walking are really good to keep yourself in shape!
Here are a couple links to some things to look at!
http://www.bigbackpain.com/back_exercises.html

This one may look silly but it sure helps!

It has helped me a lot (but I still need to be in better shape)

Thanks,
Conley Staley
brendanc

Back Breaking

Post by brendanc »

Geez Conley... all that's missing is the gag in that guy's mouth! Where's the knee in his back? lol Seriously though, that is a good one...
Brendan C.
mofish

Back Breaking

Post by mofish »

You know how us X-Lawenforcment and Security guys are!! Thanks for fixing the photo!!
Thanks,
Conley Staley
brendanc

Back Breaking

Post by brendanc »

lol, No worries...
Brendan C.
ukey28

Back Breaking

Post by ukey28 »

I can provide whats missing for him Conley! I haven't turned mine in yet!!!
Frank : Bassin' USA Prostaff : New York