Frank this one is for you!!!

Read reports, exchange information and current conditions for the lakes, ponds & rivers in your area...
ukey28

Post by ukey28 »

Wow, thats some bullhead! Hard to believe one would get that big! Thanks for thinkin of me Nunz,
Frank
Frank : Bassin' USA Prostaff : New York
ukey28

Post by ukey28 »

Growing up in a predominately Italian household, I learned to fish for eels at an early age. We hit the tidal rivers for the smaller ones. Smoked them , BBQ'd them and fried them , great food. A little lemon and it was as delicate a white meat as you could ever get. Had to have for Xmas eve! I speared commercially for a while too in Stony Brook Harbor. We would get monsters out of Blydenburg. Biggest I ever saw was about 7 pounds, It looked like a fire hose. Just before they migrate back to spawn they go through some changes and you catch the silver ones with really big eyes, nasty disposition! I didn't know Sears had a quality catfish population. Now I hit artist once in while, but its not as good as when i was a kid. Thats why I'm going to Champ instead of 1000 Islands, I want to nail some channel cats!
Frank : Bassin' USA Prostaff : New York