Double Rainbow at Castaic Lagoon: The Real Deal

This is the place for off-topic posts. Have something besides fishing on your mind? Post it here. WARNING THIS AREA CONTAINS CONTENT THAT MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN!!!
George Cawthorn

Post by George Cawthorn »

I posted this photo on the site once a ways back. I think me and Mofish were having a discussion about which hats were best for fishing.

Well anyway since the subject of Double Rainbows has recently come up I figured this was worth a second posting since there have been a lot of new members since then.

I was fishing at the south end of the Lagoon when this Double Rainbow appeared. Cool thing it was going right down into the lake and not behind the mountain. I believe it has brought me good luck at the Lagoon.

Since I had previously lived in South Florida where it rains all the time and Rainbows are quite common this was not a near religious experience for me although I fully appreciate the awesome beauty of this phenomena.

I had to scan a print of this photo since it was from my pre digital days thus the wavy lines and not so great image quality.
Fire Ball

Post by Fire Ball »

Did it look way more awesome in real life?? I haven't seen one yet. >/frown.gif" alt="frown" title="frown" height="15" width="15" />
George Cawthorn

Post by George Cawthorn »

Yeah it was pretty awesome. Unfortunately my desktop scanner can't quite capture the detail of the original pic.

I had once before seen a Double Rainbow along Federal Highway in North Miami that was a completely perfect one, unbroken. I did not have a camera with me but I remember several cars stopping along the highway to take in the view.

It was very dramatic because the sun was coming from the west and the Double Rainbow was to the east against a background of very dark clouds out over the ocean.
swimbait101

Post by swimbait101 »

DDOOUUBBLLEE RRAAIINNBBOOW DDUUDDEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

DOUBLE RAINBOW ALLLLLLL THE WAYYYYY!!!!!!!!!
mofish

Post by mofish »

That is an awsome thing to behold!!
Thanks,
Conley Staley