Whats your favorite winter bassin technique?

Our community is all about helping out our fellow anglers. Post general bass fishing topics here
**DONOTDELETE**

Post by **DONOTDELETE** »

Winter is coming fast. What is your favorite lure to throw in these cold temps?
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Ice Jigs
Brendan C.
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Let me add to that... when the water temps drop into the low 50' and upper 40's I like hair jigs. When the lakes ice over, I like to use I jigs... but I must admint, I'm no ice fishing expert, I have limited time standing over a hole in the ice.

Ukey28 has a lot to contribute on this subject... let's see if he jumps in. Also, Lunker Dave is into ice fishing too...

Let's here from you guys.
Brendan C.
SCBassboy1984

Post by SCBassboy1984 »

depends on how cold it the water gets and weather-example 50-42* i like 2 throw a shad rap,jerkbait,r_trap,lucky craft square bill cbait,and shakeyhead and i rarely throw a spinnerbait and topwater
42-36* i only fish a jigging spoon,c-rig,dd jerk bait and shakey head and a scrouger jighead with a fluke
any colder than that i stay at home,if i can
Crestliner

Post by Crestliner »

Fishing for smallies, my preferred arsenal has to include blades as No. 1, followed by tubes and jerkbaits. And there's nothing wrong with a bag or two of Senkos thrown in for good measure! >/grin.gif" alt="grin" title="grin" height="15" width="15" />
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

What's your favorite blade?
Brendan C.
Fire Ball

Post by Fire Ball »

Originally Posted By: BrendanWhat's your favorite blade?
You weren't asking me, but there's nothing better than custom made ones. >/wink.gif" alt="wink" title="wink" height="15" width="15" />
Crestliner

Post by Crestliner »

I like the "Lil Nitro" blades from TnT Tackle. But they do not make them anymore. I bought a bunch of them a few years back, but you loose them frequently from bottom hook-ups.

When my supply runs out I'll probably switch to the cheapest I can get! They are all pretty much the same. I've caught bass on a lot of different brands.
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Really... people make their own lures? And they work? >/wink.gif" alt="wink" title="wink" height="15" width="15" /> Hey Fireball... why don't you post a nice picture of that home-made special blade of yours?
Brendan C.
Fire Ball

Post by Fire Ball »

Originally Posted By: BrendanReally... people make their own lures? And they work? >/wink.gif" alt="wink" title="wink" height="15" width="15" /> Hey Fireball... why don't you post a nice picture of that home-made special blade of yours?

I personally didn't make it, but a friend did. Caught a DD on one! I'm going to be making some of my own though this year!