Fall bite

This is the place for off-topic posts. Have something besides fishing on your mind? Post it here. WARNING THIS AREA CONTAINS CONTENT THAT MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN!!!
allen howard

Fall bite

Post by allen howard »

I've been studying for my club classic at Nolin river in KY for this weekend. The water level is dropping as is the water temp. the O2 level is highest between 15ft and the surface. From what I hear the bite is slow and scattered. This is what I have tied on 1) Shakey head 1/4oz watermeleon brushhawg. 2) Buzzbait white and chartruse. 3)black trickworm weightless wacky style. 4)Bandit 300 rootbeer crankbait. 5) 3in tube watermeleoncandy texposed. 6) Devilhorse prop bait. I plan on combing points and bluff walls. Does anyone have a better idea I could use? Thanks and wish me luck!!
brendanc

Fall bite

Post by brendanc »

The only thing I would add into the mix is a Tandem Colorado spinnerbait (Chart/White)... I have been having a lot of success in the fall over the past few years (pretty much everyplace I go). My personal fav is a 3/8 oz Strike King Premier Plus, Chart/White:

Tackle Warehouse carries them:
Link to Tackle Warehouse

Out of the package both blades are nickel… One thing I like to do is to dye the larger blade "chart" with a Spike-IT Dip & Glow . It makes a huge difference in my catch rates…

Something to try, if you can find good weed that has not died off, slow roll it on the deep weed edge near channel turns. If you need more weight to get down, you can add some lead to the hook shank (keeps the smaller profile).
Brendan C.
allen howard

Fall bite

Post by allen howard »

You don't know how right you were Brendon. I caught alot of fish but keepers were few and far between. Most were on a buzz bait and Devil horse. But the winning angler was useing a short arm spinner bait. Flipping it around stumps and laydowns. Just letting it flutter down and slowrolling it back. I was mostly around chunk rock and boulders. We caught well over 70 fish but only 8 keepers between us. Only placed third but I did win rookie of the year!!