Another DD!?

Read reports, exchange information and current conditions for the lakes, ponds & rivers in your area...
Fire Ball

Another DD!?

Post by Fire Ball »

Two DD's in two days of fishing??! Its crazy that I didn't catch any all year and then all of a sudden I catch TWO, haha! This time it was on a secret jerkbait. I arrived at the Lagoon yesterday after school, since I got out at 11:15 because of finals and hopped in my friend Fumio's boat. The funny thing is that I joked to Fumio that I was going to catch another DD or even a teener, lol! I was first throwing a spinnerbait, hoping I would still catch fish on it like the DD on Sunday. I didn't get any bites on that, so I decided to switch to a jerkbait since Fumio caught a few fish on it while I was chucking a spinnerbait. I worked an area casting almost all to the right side of the boat and then decided to switch it up and made one last cast to the other side of the boat before moving to a different spot. I made a few jerks and then *BAM* the DD smashed it and the fight was on! I started reeling and then all of a sudden it started ripping line off and at that point, Fumio and I knew it was a big fish! I was just hoping it wasn't a carp or something when I was fighting it because it was pulling so hard and it pulled a good amount of line off in the first run. I finally got it near the boat after a nice fight and Fumio scooped it up in the net. After unhooking the fish and examining the lure, one of the hooks was bent out pretty far. I'm just glad the fish stayed on! This DD weighed 11 and a quarter pounds, which was even bigger than the one that I caught on Sunday! Too bad it kinda skinny or else it would have been a teener, lol. Thanks for letting me fish with you Fumio!!

Tom Redington

Another DD!?

Post by Tom Redington »

That's what I'm talkin' about! Dang, nice going! >/cool.gif" alt="cool" title="cool" height="15" width="15" />
brendanc

Another DD!?

Post by brendanc »

That's just awesome... thanks for sharing your pictures! Congrats again...
Brendan C.