Any of you running birds with side scan?

Our community is all about helping out our fellow anglers. Post general bass fishing topics here
bassin butch

Post by bassin butch »

In March I am picking up a 898 SI Combo! Been talking to many and all say sidescan is the deal.

Plan to add the 898 for now, then a 798 at the bow sometime down the road. Ethernet the units together when the 798 becomes a reality.

Any of you running side scan? Whould love to hear you thoughts on it.

Butch
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Hey Butch... there are a lof of guys on the boards and prostaff that are using Hummingbird Side Imaging... There's a really great Side Imaging articles that was put together by Don House, you should check it out if you haven't already:
Side Imaging Article - by Don House

I've been using the 997 for a while now and it really changes the way you look at bass fishing... you'll never be the same my friend! and that's a good thing!
Brendan C.
mofish

Post by mofish »

I have a 797 that I use at the console. Here in the next month I will be adding the 898 and moving the 797 to the front.
I love the Side imaging and the down imaging!!!!!!! I have a library of pictures from all my trips to the lake! It is amazing what you can find with these units. The lakes that I fish have a lot of docks on them and it is great for finding those brush piles that others pass up.
You will not be disappointed. Shoot me an email if you have any questions.
Thanks,
Conley Staley