rain suit

Our community is all about helping out our fellow anglers. Post general bass fishing topics here
allen howard

rain suit

Post by allen howard »

I've got a question, I bought a Sterns FLW rain suit 3 years ago and it doesn't bead water like it used to. So should I use a water proof chemical on it or start looking for a new suit? It's a good suit. No tears all zippers and pockets are good. Would spraying it with camp dry be a good idea or would it ruin it?
Fire Ball

rain suit

Post by Fire Ball »

You might as well try it and if it doesn't work or it gets ruined, just buy a new one. Does it still keep you completely dry?
kspringer

rain suit

Post by kspringer »

I had the exact same suit a few years ago. Mine did the same thing, I sprayed it with some brand of waterproofing and it helped for a short period of time, but eventually I had to get a new one. It wont hurt to give it a shot, you may be able to get another year out of it.
allen howard

rain suit

Post by allen howard »

Thanks guys ,After searching around and asking other people. I was informed of a product called Revivex it's made for goretex faberic. I've used camp dry on other materials and it doesn't last long. But I'll give this a try and see how it does..
allen howard

rain suit

Post by allen howard »

Ok I found the product Revivex at all places a ski shop. It's a wash in water repelent. It's made for gortex faric. Evedently the water repelent on these fabrics wear off over time and need to be redone on occation. As I was told by the sales person. Now since they deal with high dollar ski suits I guess they know what their talking about. I just find it funny that this has never been a subject for fisherman since we pay alot of money for these rainsuits. Anyway we'll see how well it works soon enough. Since it hasn't stopped raining for three days.
brendanc

rain suit

Post by brendanc »

Well hopefully this works for you... never had a problem myself, but I'm glad that there is a solution out there and thanks for sharing it with everyone... stay dry!
Brendan C.
Crestliner

rain suit

Post by Crestliner »

Thanks for the tip on Revivex. I'll certainly give it a shot. Bought an expensive Columbia Wear parka several years back - Gortex - and it doesn't repel water at all anymore. Been using it as a wind break instead. Now maybe I can revive it! >/grin.gif" alt="grin" title="grin" height="15" width="15" />
allen howard

rain suit

Post by allen howard »

Well i would certainly recomend it. I used it on my suit this weekend and I was impressed. it's like a new suit. I would recomend the wash in type instead of the spray on. evedently when you put it in the drier is when it bonds it to the fabric. For 10 bucks you can't go wrong.
allen howard

rain suit

Post by allen howard »

Hey guys just on a funny note. I contacted Revivex to let them know how happy I was with their product and they acctualy called me back. Evedently they have a new outdoor director and he's an avid bass anger himself. He liked my comment and may be using me for some of their advetiseing. Cool huh. I may have my first sponser! But they plan on marketing more to the fishing and hunting community. It's exciteing to me. I never had anyone respond to my comments on a product I liked.
brendanc

rain suit

Post by brendanc »

Hey that's really cool... and it's important to actually use the products that you are going to endorse. Good luck with that.
Brendan C.