high Water Blues

This is the place for off-topic posts. Have something besides fishing on your mind? Post it here. WARNING THIS AREA CONTAINS CONTENT THAT MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN!!!
allen howard

high Water Blues

Post by allen howard »

With all the lakes and rivers in the area 15 to 30 feet over pool it's not making it easy to get any fishing done. So that said the few lakes that are open have been tough going. The water is still cold about 50 to 55 and fairly cloudy with all the rain. Which has almost been daily for a month. i've been targeting drop offs,points and creek channels with limited success. The only thing I seem to get any reaction to is a shakey head with a gulp minnow and occationaly a lipless. The graph is reading susspened fish at 15 to 20 feet. But I can't seem to get a reaction from them. If anyone has any tips that would help in this situation please help. Thanks and tight lines!!!
brendanc

high Water Blues

Post by brendanc »

I sent you a PM on this one...
Brendan C.
allen howard

high Water Blues

Post by allen howard »

well finally got a bead on the high water fish. After carolina rig and swimbaits and rattle traps. The key was small finnesse worms 1/2oz spinnerbaits and small 6 to 8ft crankbaits. Dark colors with chartruse seemed to be the main color or fire tiger. But still the weights were low 6lbs took first place. But this week the temps are going up so I'm looking forward to see if the fish start moving up and not be so scattered. There were over 100 boats this weekend so the fishing pressure is high and the water was very muddy. Tight lines!!!!
allenrods

high Water Blues

Post by allenrods »

I would like to have that problem we have lakes here that are 30 feet low Texas parks and wild life quit posting in feet and by percentage
wgbassgirl

high Water Blues

Post by wgbassgirl »

Bucky - I read an article today about how low the water levels are in TX. Texas is having a really bad drought.
allen howard

high Water Blues

Post by allen howard »

Yeah my Mom in Georgia and my cousin in Kaleen Texas have been praying for rain. Here in Cincinnati Ohio we have had 18inches of rain from March to May. But since then we have had 90's plus temps for 19 days. The fishing has been horrible this year. It was late spring before you could even get on most lakes and rivers around here. let's hope fall is better.