rocky fork lake 2nd place

This is the place for off-topic posts. Have something besides fishing on your mind? Post it here. WARNING THIS AREA CONTAINS CONTENT THAT MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN!!!
allen howard

Post by allen howard »

Finally after a dissapointing spring the fishing has trurned around. A two day tourney at Rocky fork my partner and I turned in 15lbs to take 2nd place 21lbs took first. The funny part was how different baits prevailed on differnt days. The first day was zarra spook and crankbaits. The second day they would only take a wacky rigged senko. The fish seemed to be around deep bluffs and were in the transition to bedding. The water temp was finally up to 75 and clearing up. The next tourney is this weekend at East Fork and the bite should be on since it hasn't been fished in 2 months. And should be in the same stages. Tight Lines.....
SCBassboy1984

Post by SCBassboy1984 »

man i sure wish the water temps where still that cool. i was at lake greenwood sc today,the lake that feeds lake murray,and the water temp was 88 when i blasted off this am,
ukey28

Post by ukey28 »

Nice Finish, I see you took what they gave you on day 2, rather than trying to force feed them what they took the day before. Way to go!
Frank : Bassin' USA Prostaff : New York
allen howard

Post by allen howard »

Yeah the lake temps are starting to rise. Should be in the 80's in a week. we've had alot of rain and the temps have been low. ukey I never stick with bait thats not producing I'll switch till I find what they want. The spawn is just getting started here so finding a bait that is getting a reaction in clear water is always chalenging. Could be as little as color or presentation. Most of the lakes have been closed for two months due to high water. And are just now starting to turn on. i can't wait till this weekends tourney. Their saying 25 to 30 lbs to win.