Night tourney

This is the place for off-topic posts. Have something besides fishing on your mind? Post it here. WARNING THIS AREA CONTAINS CONTENT THAT MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN!!!
allen howard

Night tourney

Post by allen howard »

It was a beautiful night clear skies no moon temps in the 70's water in the 90's. but somebody forgot to tell the fish! tried everything but the kitchen sink and not a tap. Then around 4am I pulled out the old wacky worm and nailed an nice 2lber caught several short fish till daylight then started useing a crankbait and caught a nice 3lber and a 2.25. Only finished 3rd but got big fish too. missed second by a 10th of a pound. Only four more tourenys left till the classic. Then it's off to deer camp!
mofish

Night tourney

Post by mofish »

Sounds like you had a great time! Good luck in the rest of the tournaments!!!
Thanks,
Conley Staley
allen howard

Night tourney

Post by allen howard »

Thanks Guys. It's been a tough season. Spring was all high water and the summer has been terrible. And the bag weights have been at an all time low. The biggest bag to come in all season was 14lbs. Hopefully the fall will bring in some better weights. It feels like everything that was working last year doesn't work at all this year. I've caught fish on baits I haven't caught fish on in years. The only consistant lures have been the wacky worm and double drop shot rig. Everything else has been sparatic. I love to use a jig or shakey head but it just hasn't been producing this year for some reason. Good luck on the rest of the season and Tight Lines!!!