Mohawk River Flooded - Post Irene

Read reports, exchange information and current conditions for the lakes, ponds & rivers in your area...
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Not sure if anyone has seen this... This is lock 12 on the Mohawk River:

Here's another shot of a different area:

I hope the locals are able to recover soon...
Brendan C.
jmukes13

Post by jmukes13 »

It will be a long time for recovery, but the spirit is there. The Mohawk and the Hudson flooded higher than anyone here has seen since at least 1914. Other places have been hit harder than what you see in those pictures - Vermont is worse, Schoharie County in the Catskills was pretty much entirely flooded, Route 73 to Lake Placid in the ADKs doesn't exist in areas.

But everyone is working hard to get schools ready to start and a lot of people are volunteering to help those hit hardest.

There are a lot of roads damaged or gone in sections and a lot of the locks sustained serious structural damage, let alone the massive washouts on either or both sides of the structures. It was crazy to see the flood levels and now to see what is no longer there.

The Capital Region's newspaper, The Times Union, has a lot of pictures from all over. Some are here: http://www.timesunion.com/local/article ... 149007.php
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

jmukes,

Thanks for sharing... you're right those photos of the lock don't do the situation justice.
Brendan C.
jmukes13

Post by jmukes13 »

Let's just say the Tornado right at lock 10 yesterday made the weather up here even more fun. 3 natural disasters in less than 3 weeks. Upstate is never dull.
ukey28

Post by ukey28 »

You haven't had a dust storm yet! Or a plague of locusts! Gotta look on the bright side, right?

I picked up this for the next Hurricane.

http://longisland.craigslist.org/boa/2567569714.html

You're welcome to come along, you just have to bring two of something. I'm bringing two 12 packs, Nunz is bring two bags of chips, my kids are bringing two kittens, do you want to bring some puppies or something? I figure lock or no lock we're coming through on this baby!!
Frank : Bassin' USA Prostaff : New York
jmukes13

Post by jmukes13 »

Actuallyn we've put in a request for a plague of Zombie locusts. If we're gonna have all these [censored] natural disasters, at least we could get some unique ones.

And I suppose I could be talked into bring the puppies... But the real question is which 2 pairs of shoes to bring!! >/laugh.gif" alt="laugh" title="laugh" height="15" width="15" />

The tornado damage was pretty crazy to see this morning... All these giant trees snapped like toothpicks! The main damage to houses is up off Rt 5 so I have seen any of that.
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Frank I passed by your place yesterday... I thought you were kidding, but that's some piece of equipment you've got their.

P.S. I'll bring a pair of jumbo smallies:

Brendan C.
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Wow... here's the video of that Tornado:

Brendan C.
jmukes13

Post by jmukes13 »

I prefer the Bluefish attacks Gull video, thanks. >/smile.gif" alt="smile" title="smile" height="15" width="15" />

I drove by the damage within 10 minutes of it happening and my little sister saw it.
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Sick...

Hey was that bluefish video something or what? COuldn't believe what was happening when we were out there...
Brendan C.