Bamm it's fall!!

This is the place for off-topic posts. Have something besides fishing on your mind? Post it here. WARNING THIS AREA CONTAINS CONTENT THAT MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN!!!
allen howard

Bamm it's fall!!

Post by allen howard »

In just 48 hours it went from 99 to 100 degrees to 60 and 70 degrees. But I'm not complaining! My last night tourney was two weeks ago at midnight it was still 85. With not one bite before dawn I managed to put three keepers in the boat in 20 minutes. Just as the sun was coming up. Thanks to the Booya spinerbait. Now with only two more tourneys till the classic on the Ohio river I hope the bite really turns on! Being that the Ohio is so unpredictable I'll have to pack as much as i can to get a limit. But you can never tell. Our classic is on the Nolin river in kentucky. last year was a blast! We boated over 40 fish a day but only 8 keepers. it's funny how every year the baits seem to change. Early spring was lipless and shakey heads worms.late spring was spooks and buzzbaits.Early summer was whacky worms and spinnerbaits. summer was crankbaits and ribbontail worms.So lets see what fall has in store I can't wait to hit the water this weekend and see whats hitting last year it was buzzbaits and devil horse. Good luck and tight lines!!
brendanc

Bamm it's fall!!

Post by brendanc »

Hey Alycat,

Good to hear from you. Yes! Fall is upon us... With all the crazy weather we're having in the northeast, it should make fishing interesting. Our local bass club has 3 tournaments in the next 4 weeks. One was rescheduled and 2 were relocated due to high water and bad conditions. Don't care either way... I need to feel some "bass boat" under my feet! >/cool.gif" alt="cool" title="cool" height="15" width="15" />

Good luck...
Brendan C.
allen howard

Bamm it's fall!!

Post by allen howard »

I hear ya Brendon it's been a bad year all around. The spring was terrible high water and low temps. The summer was baking hot. I just hope fall brings in some good fishing. Plus I'd like to get some walleye fishing in before hunting season starts.
brendanc

Bamm it's fall!!

Post by brendanc »

I have a tournament tomorrow morning on Candlewood Lake... lake level was up about 4', I just heard that it rose another 2 1/2 yesterday... Should make things interesting.
Brendan C.
allen howard

Bamm it's fall!!

Post by allen howard »

I've heard on the news that the north east is flooding. Which means the Ohio river will be rising soon too. it's always difficult to fish high water. Cause it tends to scatter the fish. But good luck! I don't have a tourney till the 24th and the river at any level is tough to fish..
brendanc

Bamm it's fall!!

Post by brendanc »

Hey thanks... well we could only manage 5th place. Dropped a few good ones in the tournament. Then we changed our game plan middle of the day to go looking for a largemouth bite. We should have stuck with the smallies, they were biting better for us.

The team that won the tournament had 5 for 17 lbs, 7 oz, all largemouth. Flipping heavy jigs in the middle of weed beds. They beat out second place by nearly 4 lbs. (Great Job Guys!)

Lunker was a 5 lbs, 1 oz largemouth caught on a topwater.

I was just glad to be on the water again...

Good luck with your upcoming tournament...

BC
Brendan C.
SCBassboy1984

Bamm it's fall!!

Post by SCBassboy1984 »

yeah fishing starting 2 get better hear in south carolina,also im just glad 2 finally see water temps below 8o degrees,i have a 2 club tourneys this weekend on clarks hill,and have a pretty good topwater pattern figured out! we will see come sat after this cold front moves threw.hopefully wont givem lockjaw
allen howard

Bamm it's fall!!

Post by allen howard »

Hey where are you in South Carolina? I used to love to go down to Santee Cooper. Great bass fishing! I would take the kids to French quater creek for shell crackers when the tide was in. It was nothing to catch a boat load of 1lber's. I love it down there.