Bass Fishing Lake Secession SC

This is the place for off-topic posts. Have something besides fishing on your mind? Post it here. WARNING THIS AREA CONTAINS CONTENT THAT MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN!!!
Davidrp

Post by Davidrp »

I am fishing Lake Secession Sc in October and i am looking for some advice on how to fish this lake since I have never been there.
SCBassboy1984

Post by SCBassboy1984 »

well i live in greenwood sc and i just fished there last month,and it was pretty tuff,i came in 2nd with almost 10 pound,and my buddy won it,but that was august and not oct. it all depends on weather and water temp and what you like 2 fish of course,i will tell u it is a big fish lake and its nothing 2 see a 20 pound sack in a normal tourney
Davidrp

Post by Davidrp »

Thanks SCBassboy for your response.What type of water can I expect,clear,muddy,stained? Is Secession a deep lake or more of just a river?I have fished Russel before so can I expect the same type of water qualities.
SCBassboy1984

Post by SCBassboy1984 »

yeah its kinda like the rocky river on russel because it does have standing timber,but it depends on how much rain we have in the next few weeks,but my guess is that it will be pretty clear,exspecially down the lake,are you pre fishing? if so when?
Davidrp

Post by Davidrp »

No work schedule doesn't give me any prefishing time. I saw an artical that stated it is believed the the next state record bass would most likely come out of Secession.I have not been able to find out any other information on this lake,so I have resorted to the internet.Would you have any tips on fishing this lake,I am a big fan of shaky head fishing or carolina rig fishing,but I have not had much luck fishing russell with these rigs.
SCBassboy1984

Post by SCBassboy1984 »

well yeah, ill im you my phone number and put you on some good stuff for then,trust me,
Davidrp

Post by Davidrp »

OK thanks! So your earlier response said you are from Greenwood,hows the fishing there? The last time I was there I had a pretty good limit with several three pounders and one around six lbs.but that was about 5 months ago. I live 3 minutes from the Lake Murrary [censored],so most of my fishing is done there. Fishing here as been realitvely slow but has shown some good signs of picking up.
SCBassboy1984

Post by SCBassboy1984 »

wow,thats great, i am thinking about fish a open tourn next sat on murray,maybe we can help each other than,but havent fished greenwood in a few months,but yeah it was on fire this past spring.do u know there was a 32 pound sack caught on gwood in march.i had a few great days then,but i have herd that the fishing starting 2 get better from the summer heat
Davidrp

Post by Davidrp »

Whats up Jason? How did you make out wed,did you locate any of those spots and did they produce fish for you?
SCBassboy1984

Post by SCBassboy1984 »

yes i did,caught a few chunks,i am on a pretty good pattern 2 catch 10 to 12 pounds pretty easy,just need too find a kicker or 2 after that, i am fishing alone tom,my partner bailed on me,but im going 2 go and try and swing for the fences. good luck tom on secession lake,this cold front should open there mouths a bit.let me know how you make out