Flouro, any suggestions?

Share your comments, thoughts, criticisms and compliments about the many forms of tackle and equipment on the market today...
ukey28

Flouro, any suggestions?

Post by ukey28 »

I used Viscious last year and I didn't like it. Too stiff. Anybody have a recommendation? I've heard some good things about sunline.
Frank : Bassin' USA Prostaff : New York
SCBassboy1984

Flouro, any suggestions?

Post by SCBassboy1984 »

p-line is the only line i use,its smooth and incredle, i also like the p-line flouroclear
George Cawthorn

Flouro, any suggestions?

Post by George Cawthorn »

I like P-Line Halo. 6lb. for dropshot. 8 or 10 for baitcasters.
kspringer

Flouro, any suggestions?

Post by kspringer »

Sunline is awesome, but I have been using Seaguar Red Label for the past two years with great luck, its smooth, strong and not nearly as expensive as the others. Great stuff!!!!
brendanc

Flouro, any suggestions?

Post by brendanc »

I was sitting out for a while, but I need to mention one thing... I don't know if I got a bad bulk spool or not, but I recently bought a 1,000 yard spool of 15lb Seaguar AbrasX. All I can say is that I now call it "SnapX"... anyone else have an issue with that line?

As far as my personal favorites go:

10 lb Test and under - Sunline FC Sniper
Over 10 Lb Test - Berkley 100%

I spent a whole lot of money finding out which ones stand up to punishment... those are my top picks.

Brendan C.
ukey28

Flouro, any suggestions?

Post by ukey28 »

Thank you for the feedback. I'm a little behind the curve on Flouro and starting out with one that didn't even get mentioned tells me alot! I'll give some of these a shot. Whats the best place for Sunline?
kspringer

Flouro, any suggestions?

Post by kspringer »

Brendan, I use Seaguar AbrasX all the time for flippin narly stuff when the fish are in the buckbrush and love it. I am using 25 pound though and never had any issues. Now InvisX is a different story, i too called it snapX. But I do love the Red Label, currently working on a deal with Sunline, I think it is probably the best of them all. but for the price, Red Label is hard to beat.
Fire Ball

Flouro, any suggestions?

Post by Fire Ball »

Originally Posted By: BrendanI was sitting out for a while, but I need to mention one thing... I don't know if I got a bad bulk spool or not, but I recently bought a 1,000 yard spool of 15lb Seaguar AbrasX. All I can say is that I now call it "SnapX"... anyone else have an issue with that line?

As far as my personal favorites go:

10 lb Test and under - Sunline FC Sniper
Over 10 Lb Test - Berkley 100%

I spent a whole lot of money finding out which ones stand up to punishment... those are my top picks.

I've used both AbrasX and InvisX for a long time and they are great. I only used them in 6 lb though, but I landed some big bass on them, lol. Now I only use braid with/without a leader so that's a whole different story, haha.
ukey28

Flouro, any suggestions?

Post by ukey28 »

Where's the best price for the Sniper?
brendanc

Flouro, any suggestions?

Post by brendanc »

Originally Posted By: kspringerI am using 25 pound though and never had any issues.

Kevin, try using AbrasX 12 lb or 15 lb so you can get down deep and stay there... it "snaps like a dream"! In fairness to Seagaur and like I said, maybe I got a bad bulk spool. When you pay almost $100 for a spool of line, it's a little frustrating to have it snap so often. I think I am going to write them a letter and mail it along with the spool to their US distributer. See what happens...

Frank,

I don't shop prices on SunLine much... I just buy it "if and when" someone has it in stock. Certain pound tests are not easy to find.

Frank
Brendan C.