First tournament blues

Our community is all about helping out our fellow anglers. Post general bass fishing topics here
allen howard

First tournament blues

Post by allen howard »

First tournament of the year. Was extreemly tough water temp had droppped from a cold front and endless rain made the water stained. caught alot of short fish very few keepers were brought in. but they were quality fish, big fish for the event was 5.5lbs. My partner and I got third place with 4lbs. Tried everything in the box. But black jigs and black plastics boated the most fish. But alot of thanks for the local fisherman that helped us with our boat the motor lift quit working and we had to mannualy lift the motor to get it on the trailer. And as for the rude jerk at the Ranger dealership in London Kentucky I'll never reccomend any one to go there. Or at least the mechanic was a good guy the guy behind the counter was a jerk. Thanks "Tiny". Most everyone we met was very helpful and we had a good time despite the breakdowns and traffic jams. My prayers go out to the famlies that lost relitives on I75 sunday due to a fatal crash at Renfro valley. Be careful out there folks tight lines to you all.
brendanc

First tournament blues

Post by brendanc »

Wow, sounds like you had a tuff first tourney Alycat... it's never fun starting the season off with problems. At least you didn't zero, right?

If you look on the bright side, the local fisherman helped you and the Ranger guy was rude... they should cancel each other out... and if you add the "good guy" mechanic into the equation, you're ahead!

Sorry to hear about that fatal crash... my heart goes out to those who lost friends and family.
Brendan C.
allen howard

First tournament blues

Post by allen howard »

Thanks Brendon It wasn't all bad just a series of calamities. There were alot of people willing to help and they were all so nice. Even after sitting in traffic for 5 hours we talked to alot of nice people. There was a large pile up on I75 just north of London KY there were several people injured and at least two killed. After that My trip didn't seem that bad compaired to what those people went through.
brendanc

First tournament blues

Post by brendanc »

It certainly makes you think about things...
Brendan C.