Mini Twister Hits Bass Boat!

Our community is all about helping out our fellow anglers. Post general bass fishing topics here
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

While out filming over the past weekend with Dave Lengyel, a camera person and myself. A "Wind Devil" spawned right in front of our eyes. Everyone was wondering what is was... and then it came straight for the boat! The thing went right over my boat and stay on top of us all for a few seconds. We had to hold onto the camera equipment and our hats. Then it moved to just off the side of the boat and stayed there for about 10 seconds before dissipating. Got the whole thing on film too... can't wait to edit and post it.

Anyone else ever have an experience like that on the water or something similar?
Brendan C.
riadevaio

Post by riadevaio »

Wow.
not something I need to experience.
where were you guys?
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Sorry... been out of town. We were on Twin Lakes in CT
Brendan C.
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Final had a chance to edit this footage...

Brendan C.
wgbassgirl

Post by wgbassgirl »

That's crazy. Awesome you had someone to catch that on camera. That must be really rare!
ukey28

Post by ukey28 »

NOW That was very cool!!!
Frank : Bassin' USA Prostaff : New York
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Yeah, "cool" that's what I was thinking because the air temp dropped right before that thing showed up.
Brendan C.
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Originally Posted By: bassinwg6 Awesome you had someone to catch that on camera. That must be really rare!

Yes, I haven't seen any footage of a wind devil on the water... very rare... Watch now someone will post a link to a compilation of 500 wind devils on the water!
Brendan C.