B.O.A.T. You know it.

Our community is all about helping out our fellow anglers. Post general bass fishing topics here
allenray

B.O.A.T. You know it.

Post by allenray »

Have been on the water a dozen times since I got the boat up and runing so thought It was fine. But tournament morning 8a.m two keepers in the boat days looking good. Storm blows in 30mph winds sideways rain. hit the trolling motor on high to get across the cove out of the wind just as we get to the other side blahhh the motor dies. which made for a fun day. But BOAT bust out another thousand!! LOLOL fished the rest of the day anyway move with the big motor and throw the anchor out.. Have fun!!!
allenray

B.O.A.T. You know it.

Post by allenray »

What really jerked my chain is today after taking apart the motor to see what was wrong I discovered it was ME! The wires were all melted together and shorting it out. Some how when I got the boat it was set up for 24volt so when I replaced the batteries I ASUMED it was the correct way. What I didn't know was the motor was only 12volt.I should have checked into it further but I didn't! So now I've got to get a new motor and I will fix the old one as a back up. Oh well guess I'll know what I'm getting myself for my birthday! LOLLOLLOLLOL... So I guess I'll make Brendon's dream come true and put a trolling motor on the back of the boat for the co-angler! Which I had planned on doing for electric only lakes but now I don't need an extra battery...
brendanc

B.O.A.T. You know it.

Post by brendanc »

lol That's some funny stuff. So when are we going fishing? hahaha Did you get another 12 volt for the front or did you go with 24v?
Brendan C.
allenray

B.O.A.T. You know it.

Post by allenray »

Yeah it was comical... I had a buddy that had and old motor off of his boat it's 12volt 46lb thrust but that will allow me to put another motor on the back for electric only lakes and for the river. You have to laugh it was my own fault. I was wondering why I had so much thrust at the first notch. It would almost throw you off the boat. Now I know! LOLOL.. I've only got two more tournaments before the classic in November so come on down anytime you want Brendon!
brendanc

B.O.A.T. You know it.

Post by brendanc »

Well at least you've got the problem sorted out. Glad to hear it.

Thanks for the invite! As for traveling though, I have a lot of tournaments coming up... between now and Novemeber... looking forward to getting out there again. I barely fished any tournaments this summer. Good luck with your tournaments.
Brendan C.
allenray

B.O.A.T. You know it.

Post by allenray »

Well your still welcome to come any time Bendon. I should have all the buggs worked out. Finally I hope.. Now maybe for Christmas I can think about getting a gps for some of the big lakes like Dale Hollow and Cumberland. I haven't done very well this year in the tournaments. i think in part because of the heat and the low water levels. Fishing has been really tough all over. But hopefully now that the temps are coming down and we have been getting some rain it should pick up. Good luck with your tournaments and tight lines!!!
brendanc

B.O.A.T. You know it.

Post by brendanc »

Thanks and same to you...
Brendan C.