Never Forget 9/11/01 - Remembering Those We Lost

Our community is all about helping out our fellow anglers. Post general bass fishing topics here
wgbassgirl

Post by wgbassgirl »

George Cawthorn

Post by George Cawthorn »

On the eve of 911 I went down to the fire station on Sepulveda Blvd, in LA next to the National Guard armory where there is a memorial fountain built around parts of the WTC. I got there early, around 10:00 pm on the tenth because I had to work the next day.

The fire station doors were half open because it was so hot. I brought some flowers and a votive candle. I placed the flowers at the front of the fountain. Just before lighting the candle I was thinking "Holly cow I hope the firemen don't get pissed that I'm lighting the candle."

Well anyway I did and sat for a while on a bench next to the fountain memorial just contemplating the whole event and it's magnitude on our history as a nation and the sacrifice of those who lost their life.

I was the first to be there with flowers, etc the night before and as I was leaving a fireman was at the door and he raised his hand up with the index finger indicating that I was number one!!!

That was a very special moment for me.