cumberland lake here we come

Our community is all about helping out our fellow anglers. Post general bass fishing topics here
allenray

Post by allenray »

Headed to Cumberland Lake in the morning can't wait to set a hook on some smallies.It's the club classic and I hope to do well this year. This season was pretty dismal. But I still get excited to get on the water.
ukey28

Post by ukey28 »

Go get them Dude! A Classic win is a Classic win on any level!
Frank : Bassin' USA Prostaff : New York
allenray

Post by allenray »

Well it didn't turn out as I would have like but I had a great time any way. Did some jumps on some big striped bass. That was awsome thousands would bust the surface at one time. As for the tourney it was bleak. I caught one keeper and I wasn't even fishing. I'll explain. My partner had a fish come off at the boat. So I put down the net picked up my rod opened the bail and was just dangling it over the side of the boat as I was about to make my cast and wham! a 2lb spot hits my bait at the surface. I couldn't reel in cause there was only about 6'' of line and I was just holding the line with my finger. So all I could do was flip him in the boat. I laughed about it all weekend.. I figured it was gods way of saying " OK you can have one". My Thanks to the Aligator Inn and Eli's general store for some of the best country breakfast around.
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Hey sometimes it nice just being out there... at least you got a new fishing story out of the trip!
Brendan C.
allenray

Post by allenray »

We had a great time Brendon. It was beautiful the weather was really nice. I also got to see my first Bald Eagles flying over the lake. I couildn't beleive how enornmous the lake was even with the water down 40 feet. Any time out on the water is a good time for me. going to be in deer camp next week and if the water hasn't froze over some more fishing when I get back.
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Good hunting... hope you get a big one...
Brendan C.