Super Storm Sandy Blasts North-Eastern U.S.

This is the place for off-topic posts. Have something besides fishing on your mind? Post it here. WARNING THIS AREA CONTAINS CONTENT THAT MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN!!!
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

For those of you living in the north eastern United States, I'm sure you are dealing with the aftermath from Tropical Storm Sandy (also being called "Super Storm Sandy"). According to many reports there are still millions without power.

The full extent of the damages from fallen trees and flooding is still unknown at this time. One thing is for sure, some areas were devastated by Sandy.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to those who lost family during the storm and we wish everyone the best getting through this difficult post storm situation. Hopefully we'll be back to normal relatively soon.

Good luck and be safe...

VIDEO FROM WEATHER.com
Brendan C.
George Cawthorn

Post by George Cawthorn »

I saw all the nasty stuff on the news that hit Long Island and lower Manhattatn. My sister has a house in Point Pleasant NJ. I tlaked to her from her home in Bedminster NJ and she said they had no power.

They went down to the shore house prior to the storm and borded up the windows. She has not been back since the evacuation. Her house at Pt. Pleasant is about five blocks from the beach head.

My brother inlaw has a friend in Pt. Pleasant who is a cop and he was told that the whole area near the beach and what was the board walk is a complete disaster.

For all of you guys in the way of the storm I send you my prayers and hope you are all OK. Love to all my BUSA friends, GEO
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Thanks Geo... no question this was a bad one.
Brendan C.
ukey28

Post by ukey28 »

Thanks Geo,
I have been through a few of these and was in Florida right after Andrew. This is the worst I've seen in the North East. My house came through unscathed, but I have seen communities here that may never be the same. The water did damage to everything it touched, flooding to levels that hadn't been seen in decades. But this is New York. In 5 years no sign of it will be left and we'll move on. God I love this place!
Frank : Bassin' USA Prostaff : New York
George Cawthorn

Post by George Cawthorn »

Good news guys! My sister told me she was able to get back down to her house in Pt. Pleasant and there was very little damage.

All of the boarding up of the windows she did held up. Her house is a grand ole' lady built on a rock and mortar foundation and the first floor is raised up for steps to the first level.

Her roof and all else was OK.

She said the only problem was they got about 1/2 an inch of water on the first floor, thank The Man Upstairs!!
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

That is good news Geo... Glad to hear some of the positive stories too.
Brendan C.