WTF Does Thanks Giving Mean Anymore!

Our community is all about helping out our fellow anglers. Post general bass fishing topics here
George Cawthorn

WTF Does Thanks Giving Mean Anymore!

Post by George Cawthorn »

Guys you all know me by now and for the most part I am a mild person

I work in retail sales at Sears and going into Black Friday week there is always a lot of added stress. But this year, as well as a lot of our competitors, Sears has decided to open on Thanks Giving eve at 8:00 PM and remain open the whole night.

I am scheduled to work from 7:45 PM to 11:00 PM on Thanks Giving eve. Then I have the blessing to return on Black Friday and work form 10 am to 10 pm. And the return on Sat. and work 1 PM to 10 pm.

Now I am OK with the hours but for me I always thought Thanks Giving was a universal religious Holiday.

After all, who are we giving thanks to for the bounty of the earth which is on our table and our family which is gathered around the table besides which whatever god you believe in regardless of your faith?

Well I can't say no because I need the job and the money, but it is just another way that big business and the all mighty dollar is flexing it's mussel and doesn't give a dam about the inconvenience to our families and disregard for the real meaning of the Holiday of Thanks Giving which is recognized and celebrated by all religions universally.

In my opinion it is next in importance to Christmas and Easter.

What say ye?