Got the Itch bad!!

Our community is all about helping out our fellow anglers. Post general bass fishing topics here
allenray

Got the Itch bad!!

Post by allenray »

Ok so I've restocked tackle. Painted and skirted 10 dozen jigs. Cleaned and oiled and relined reels. Watched my NAFC dvd's 20 times. thank God the boat sport and travel show is in a few weeks. It's hard for an addict to get a fix when it's too cold out!! LOLOLOLOLOLOL. And hunting season is almost over..
brendanc

Got the Itch bad!!

Post by brendanc »

lmao!!! I hear you buddy... we just iced up last week, so no more cold water fishing for me either. Nothing is frozen thick enough for ice fishing yet. I still have some jig tying to do, but reels are all cleaned and ready. It's been too cold to hit the range, so that's out until we get a break in the weather.

I have some fishing games that have a fishing reel controller on Playstation 3 and also Sega Dreamcast... those can help a lot. Even let you fish in mach tournaments...
Brendan C.
allenray

Got the Itch bad!!

Post by allenray »

LOL I know. I have spent the last three weekends hunting rabbits which is a great time but the ten miles of walking will kill you. Next week is our first club meeting to set up the seasons tournament lakes and I'm so excited to get started. During the deer season we took a day trip to Wheeling WV and went to the Cabela's there. It was huge! I thought the Bass pro here was big. And now with the new fishing shows starting up I'm getting the fever bad!But the boat show is coming up and the Ranger dealer open house is next month. So at least I'll be able to set up my dates for the up coming season. My Christmas starts in march and last till November. LOLOL have a good one!!!
ukey28

Got the Itch bad!!

Post by ukey28 »

Try custom lure painting or pre tying drop shot leaders. Don't forget the hooks on the hard baits. Rocks can do a job on the points.
Frank : Bassin' USA Prostaff : New York
allenray

Got the Itch bad!!

Post by allenray »

Yep changed hooks on crankbaits. I usually do that as soon as I bring them home from the store too. I've also spent time repairing paint chips on hard baits. Repaired some rod guides,checked all bait boxes for rusted hooks added rust preventative pads to them.sorted all my plastics out according to size color and type. I'll have the most organized boat on the water for the first week of fishing anyway, LOOOLOL. I also hand painted 100 worm weights from 1/8 to 1/2 in black and green pumpkin. You'd be surprised what funny looks you get at the drugstore counter when you check out with 5 bottles of black fingernail polish!!Oh and I dyed red 50 trebble hooks to put on the from of my crankbaits. Also dyed red some of my spinnerbait blades and some my buzzbait blades. (note) do not use a plastic cup to put your dye in use a ceramic type bowl it melts the plastic. Found out the hard way. That table needed to be refinished anyway...
ukey28

Got the Itch bad!!

Post by ukey28 »

Good one Allenray, guide replacement! I use a Q tip to check my guides at the end of everyseason. A chipped guide will cost you two to four lures in the heart of battle before you figure it out! First time the line lets go we say WTF and tie on a new one. Next cast that's gone, again what the F. I know I tied that note right! if we're lucky we think guide, otherwise we loose more quickly. Been there done that!
Frank : Bassin' USA Prostaff : New York
allenray

Got the Itch bad!!

Post by allenray »

LOL yeah thats why I do it. I was fishing a tourney and noticed some white stuff on the end of the rod. Broke a fish off. Couldn't figure out why. Tied on another lure, broke off again. finally checked the tip eye. It had a crack in it and was shaving the line hence the white stuff on the rod. Now I check them out at the begining of every season while I have the reels off.
brendanc

Got the Itch bad!!

Post by brendanc »

Since I moved into a new house, my garage is in utter chaos. All my tackle is packed away in moving boxes. The garage needs a complete overhaul... I thought it was going to be a pretty simple transfer of all of my shelving, peg board and other storage areas, but I was wrong. >/frown.gif" alt="frown" title="frown" height="15" width="15" /> Meanwhile the weeks keep flying by and time is running out before the first tournaments will begin in the spring. It is amazing how NOT being organized can create such confusion. I've been chipping away at it a little at a time, but the past few weeks our temps have been too cold to spend a lot of time in the garage without heat. I have a small space heater, but that doesn't do much unless I'm standing right in front of it. lol

Nothing like starting over...
Brendan C.
Crestliner

Got the Itch bad!!

Post by Crestliner »

Tough job! But in the end it will all fall into place I'm sure. Besides, it will certainly keep you out of trouble! LOL!
allenray

Got the Itch bad!!

Post by allenray »

LOL I feel your pain. I just got our new tourney schedule for the season and I'm stuck in the house with the weather. So I'm sorting tackle cleaning reels putting on new line. Getting maps ready studying GPS of the lakes. I'm like a junkie waiting on a fix! Watching the new fishing shows just makes it worse. But there is a boat and travel show next week and I can watch the pros fish in a tank. While I drool over the tackle booths. March can't get here fast enough for me!!!