Interesting study results

Our community is all about helping out our fellow anglers. Post general bass fishing topics here
ukey28

Post by ukey28 »

Report on Crow Kills.
Well, it is not a pretty story.... dead crows near Boston, and there was concern for Avian Flu.

They had a Bird Pathologist examine the remains of all the crows, and he confirmed the problem was definitely NOT Avian Flu, to everyone's relief.

However, he determined that 98% of the crows had been killed by impact with trucks, and only 2% were killed by car impact. The city then hired an Ornithological Behaviorist to determine the disproportionate percentages for truck versus car kill.

The Ornithological Behaviorist determined the cause in short order. When crows eat road kill, they always post a "look-out crow" in a nearby tree, to warn of impending danger. His conclusion was that the lookout crow could say "Cah", but he could not say "Truck."

Sorry, had to do it. :-
Frank : Bassin' USA Prostaff : New York
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

OMG it's in the Ha-Pa!
Brendan C.
George Cawthorn

Post by George Cawthorn »

Very funny Frank!!! I bit pretty hard on it. I used to live outside of Boston. Got a good laugh out of that one.
George Cawthorn

Post by George Cawthorn »

Thanks Nunz, Happy New Year to you also!

The ankle has been better lately. I will be doing more fishing in 2013 hopefully since I officially retired in Jan.