fishing Erie in june

Our community is all about helping out our fellow anglers. Post general bass fishing topics here
allenray

fishing Erie in june

Post by allenray »

Our club has decided to venture out to the big water this year. I don't know the name of the bay wer'e suppossed to fish out of yet but I'm kind of excited to fish there. Any advise for fishing Erie? I know we will be there the opening day of the season.In the end of June.
brendanc

fishing Erie in june

Post by brendanc »

My advise is to bring a lot of Advil with you brother... your gonna be a hurtin' pup before the end of the first day... Oh, and be sure to cast into the water... That place is just insane, just remember if you find 3-4 pounders, move on... you'll need 5-6 pounders on Erie!!! Oh, and use anything that looks like a goby or an emerald shiner.
Brendan C.
brendanc

fishing Erie in june

Post by brendanc »

You'll probably have a lot of post spawn bass and maybe some still spawning. May is the time to go for sure.
Brendan C.
allenray

fishing Erie in june

Post by allenray »

Wow nice fish!! We are going at that time because it's the opening of the season on Erie. i'm not sure of the name of the bay we are going to. But i'm excited nun the less. Supposedly 25lb bags are commonplace. I'm just a little concerned about going out of the bay in the big water with my little Tracker. I just hope the weather is good to us.And the fish as well!!
allenray

fishing Erie in june

Post by allenray »

From what I'm hearing about the area we are going to the bay is pretty big. It's on the Ohio coast line. So we should be able to stay inside the bay. Unless it's really calm I wouldn't try to go out on the main lake. Our first tournament is March 30th on Green river in Kentucky. i'm like a kid waiting on Christmas!!
brendanc

fishing Erie in june

Post by brendanc »

Sounds like your going have a fun year...
Brendan C.
allenray

fishing Erie in june

Post by allenray »

Yep my Tracker. I'm pretty comfortable with the lakes around here. but with that little boat big water is a little intimidating. It's got a 75hp motor which is a little bigger than most Trackers. And I've got a gps unit as well. So I should be alright.
allenray

fishing Erie in june

Post by allenray »

Thanks Nunz I'll try my best. It will be the first year I'm fishing by myself. but I'm working on finding a partner. Hopefully by March I'll have someone.
brendanc

fishing Erie in june

Post by brendanc »

If you get good weather, the main lake is the deal for sure. They are a different bread of smallies out there!
Brendan C.
ukey28

fishing Erie in june

Post by ukey28 »

I guess you mean Lake Erie smallmouths don't loaf around?
Frank : Bassin' USA Prostaff : New York